Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2015 8:40:04 PM EDT
Any draw backs to having a 2in .38spl magna ported?

It's going to be a nightstand gun for my mother.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a good idea for mom, IMO. Good sized night flash & can easily burn her were she to shoot it too close to her body.

Stick with a standard snubbie (steel) & use reduced recoil loads, IMO. Better grips too.

My .o2
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you shot a manga ported snubbie at night?

If your mom sleeps with ear plugs and sunglasses its a good idea. If not, buy a 4" gun and skip the port job.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
She's already going deaf so no worries there. I considered the flash since if heard the same thing said about ported glocks which is why I never got one.

The issue I run into is she is left eye dominat so will shoot left handed. So my thought was that or a break action 22. I don't expect tier 1 accuracy from he. More like holes in the wall and a scared perp.

But I want to find something as lefty friend as possible and these are the 2 options I came up with since I'm also a lefty and have a southpaw and H&R 999
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say get a 3 or 4 inch K frame sized revolver.   38 Special doesnt need porting.

Mag-Na-Port works best on Magnums.    Had a Ruger Super Blackhawk ported and recoil was like a 357 Magnum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top