Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2016 9:28:41 AM EDT
I am looking to pick up some more 17 round magazines and was curious about ProMag reliability or should I stick with S&W originals?
I am looking to add some weighted magazine extensions to them as well. Can you guys recommend some? Best place to buy?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking to pick up some more 17 round magazines and was curious about ProMag reliability or should I stick with S&W originals?
I am looking to add some weighted magazine extensions to them as well. Can you guys recommend some? Best place to buy?
View Quote

I've never been happy with promag, though I don't have an M&P.  I couldn't find any from Mecgar, which is my go to for aftermarket mags.  I'm on my tablet, though, so I didn't google too much.    I think I would just buy the S&W factory mags. 

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have heard nothing good about Promag and the M&P.

Not sure on the Mecgar.

Grabagun has the OEM for $22

Here are some of the more popular extensions.
I plan on buying 3 of the 140mm kits.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Taran Tactical are awesome. Wasn't a fan of Arredondo but they're cheap. Tried Taylor Freelance but didn't fit real well because of the rear plate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Taran tactical have worked well
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd probably wait on deals for the OEM mags - they are priced pretty reasonably.

As for mag extensions, I've run about 3 cases of ammo through my TTI extended mags without issue and highly recommend them. You may struggle to get that 23rd round in early on, but I wouldn't let that stop you - these run well and look cool.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Mecgar mags are fine in the M&P. Each time we trade out mags at work, the replacements are pulled from a giant Mecgar marked box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top