Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 12:20:20 AM EDT
Does anyone else's Glock slam into battery when you slap a fresh magazine in? Today at the range, every time I reloaded with some semblance of speed the slide would go forward with just me slamming the magazine in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
When you “slam” the mag into the gun the upward force along with your grip pushing forward allows the slide to move slightly rearward(or the receiver forward, however you want to look at it) causing the slide stop lever to drop, thus the slide closes.  

The longer the slide the easier it is to drop the slide when inserting the mag. Glock recommends replacing the slide stop lever, but the slide will still close when you “slam” the mag in.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]
it's a very normal thing for Glocks.  I can almost never get mine to do it but when I took a first time shooter shooting he did it on every reload.  I don't know if it has something to do with me being lefthanded or I'm just not slamming it hard enough.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I am leaft handed and can get it to do that most of the time. I think it just depends on the angle you hold the gun along with how hard you insert the mag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am leaft handed and can get it to do that most of the time. I think it just depends on the angle you hold the gun along with how hard you insert the mag.

fixed it for ya
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top