Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:25:28 PM EDT
I am in the process of replacing the spring in my carry mags.  I am thinking of using Wolf Springs.  Has anyone had any malfunctions with them ?  Do they work better than factory ones, or about the same ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I like sticking to factory.

Unless you're a very die hard competition shooter who loads their own ammo to their taste and uses the spring weight that corresponds well to it.  

Ahh..talking about mag springs, not recoil springs.  I still stand by factory, but the others will work, especially of you want +x% power springs.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a problem with factory, stock springs.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
im still using stock glock mags with no upgrades

thousands and thousands of rounds
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the stock springs have proven themselves time and time again. That said, I don't think you can wrong with Wolf or ISMI either.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never had any trouble with factory spings
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a ten pack of Wolf Springs.  They seam to work well.  I hope I didn't waste my money.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Puting almost any aftermarket part, other than Night Sights, on a glock is asking for trouble in my opinion.  There's a lot of junk out there.  The Butt Plugs and extended this and that.....

I've never heard of a mag spring problem with glocks.  I'd sleep better with the OEM springs in my mags personally.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Puting almost any aftermarket part, other than Night Sights, on a glock is asking for trouble in my opinion.  There's a lot of junk out there.  The Butt Plugs and extended this and that.....

I've never heard of a mag spring problem with glocks.  I'd sleep better with the OEM springs in my mags personally.

Glock did improve their magazine springs from a 10 coil to an 11 coil spring.  I would agree completely with demigod on the aftermarket parts.  Glocks work best with original factory parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top