Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/22/2007 5:06:42 PM EDT
I took my G23 to the range today for a plate shooting contest. (came in 4th)

I usually use factory loads but I ran out, and the rangemaster let me use some of his handloads. I had no malfunctions before using the handloads, but after loading the handloads, it seemed like the spring in the mag stopped working, or it got stuck.

I had to pound it into my palm to get the bullets to surface. This even caused a malfuntion during one round of the competition, where it failed to load into my chamber but would not let me eject the mag.

I usually use this gun for carry, and the bullets sit in there for a while compressing the springs. Do I need to replace the springs ? or was it the handloads that did it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:12:01 PM EDT
Sounds like the OAL was to long on the rounds and they were hitting the front and back of the mag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:26:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
Sounds like the OAL was to long on the rounds and they were hitting the front and back of the mag.

You know what your right. I bet that was it. I didn't think of it at the time, but yeah, it seems I remember them hitting the front and rear, but didn't think anything of it.

I just showed up to shoot paper targets and they had the plate shoot, so I wasn't prepared.

So basically the guys bullet was not stuffed into the casing far enough?
Top Top