Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 8:40:40 PM EDT
I recently picked up a 4" XD-40 at a gun show, got home, loaded it up (factory 10rnd) and noticed that it is extremely hard to release the mag when it is loaded. Also, it is not smooth when there is no mag inserted. Anyone come across this before or know of a quick fix?
I have shot some Break Free in and around the moving parts involved but didn't help any.
Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Your mag springs are still new and really strong. Try this empty the mag then try the mag release it will be easy. Now load one round at a time and try the mag release it will get progressively harder to use the mag release. Leave you mags loaded and they will weaken some what making the mag release easier to use.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
James is the XD GOD by the way and he is correct a little oil on the channel in the release button and time
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
it just needs some breaking in. just practice mag changes until it loosens up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys. I will oil and wait...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top