Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 8:26:07 AM EDT
My mag release is pretty firm on my new G19.  I have to press it pretty hard to drop the mag compared to my Sig P226.  Is this normal?  Will it loosen up over time?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes will wear in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes will wear in.
View Quote

Agreed.

Tangodown makes a Vickers extended mag release that drop in if it continues to bother you though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Tangodown makes a Vickers extended mag release that drop in if it continues to bother you though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes will wear in.

Agreed.

Yea, the tangodown on my G19 is real smooth / soft to press
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My mag release is pretty firm on my new G19.  I have to press it pretty hard to drop the mag compared to my Sig P226.  Is this normal?  Will it loosen up over time?
View Quote

Normal?  No, not in my experience.  I'd say it's because you're lucky!  The soft magazine release springs in all of my Glocks have cause me to accidentally dump a loaded magazine out of a Glock I was carrying 3 times in 11 years.  Twice the seat belt pressing the pistol into my side was the culprit; and once my holster got bumped, and the magazine suddenly dropped onto the concrete pad I was walking across.  

I don't need a larger mag release button than the one that comes standard on any Gen3 pistol.  Shooting Glocks as much as I do, and knowing them as well as I do has convinced me that the stronger the spring, and the more modest the size of the release button, then, the better it is for me!  If Glock, GmbH has finally stiffened up their mag release springs all I can say is it's about time!  13, 15, and 17 rounds of ammo is no lightweight magazine load!  As I said, I think you're lucky!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top