Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:18 PM EDT
I installed one on my 23 since my wife was having a hard time with the stock set up. She loves it, but I am afraid that I will accidently dump a mag since it is now so easy. Any of you have any input?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:22:43 PM EDT
shave the extended release to the point where your wife can just use it and you won't accidentally drop the mag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:03 PM EDT
Thanks, thought about doing that but wanted some feedback first.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:21:47 AM EDT
I was told that the ext mag catch is a bad idea for carry pistols, but I looked at my Bianchi holster and there's a cutout for the mag catch button.

I would agree the standard mag catch is good for conceal carry, but I don't conceal carry my G17 so I prefer the tactical advantages of the extended mag catch and extended slide release.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:31:05 AM EDT
I usually take and round off the corners and put a curved radius on the extended mag releases. Kinda makes it between a regular and an extended and it's snag free

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
I bought one for my g36 which is my current carry piece. I bought it because I liked it on my G17 and I never really considered it a problem, but then again, my G17 was never a CCW piece. Well, I should caution you that you should NOT put an extended mag release on a CCW. I frequently found my mags half-engaged when I'd unholster my gun. Meaning, somehow, the mag release was inadvertantly pressed in just enough to disengage it from the gun and I could have had serious problems if I actually needed to use it. After about 2 weeks, I took it off and went back to the original. No problems since.

Look... It's not that much of a problem to press the factory button to release the mag. It just makes it easier with the extension. But if this is going to be a carry piece, DO NOT use an extension. It's more of a liability than a benefit. Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:22:50 AM EDT
My G17 bianchi holster does not cover the mag catch. The mag catch is exposed.
Top Top