Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:24:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 6:25:46 PM EST by Lapp_Dance]
Does anyone have a pistol that's been mag-na-ported? I'm thinking of getting my 1911 done, and would like to see some pics as well as inputs from those who have had the process done.

Automatics only please, 'cuz I don't own a revolver!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:31:17 AM EST
Very expensive to do on an auto pistol. Don't think it's worth it in that application. Good to do in a Magnum revolver where the recoil is higher and the cost is much cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:36:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 8:53:26 AM EST by warlord]
The charges for porting auto-pistols are more because Magna-Port has to EDM thru your barrel and your slide, or if you have an extended barrel, they just port the barrel that outside of the frame the charge would be just like a revolver.

I have Magna-Ported my LAR Grizzly with their 6.5" BBL. The BBL extends beyond the frame by 1", more than enough room for the ports. I can say that it made a difference in muzzle flip and recoil. Also keep in mind that in addition to the labor charges of $130 by Magna-Port, you have to pay to and from overnight shipping, from what I understand that is something like $25 each way. I did my gun 10 years ago, when it was cheaper. Final analysis, on a 1911, proabably not worth the expense, probably over $200.
Check out Magna-Port's charges here:
Magna-Port Price list
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:19:57 AM EST
i was looking into it before i ditched my 1911s.

are you using it for defensive purposes? if so, stay away.

it's dollar intensive and not tremendously effective on something like a .45. it works adequately on magnums because there is a lot of gas to vent. not so with acp.

a comp is cheaper and more effective.
Top Top