Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 8:45:36 PM EDT
Anyone gotten any replacement bodies for their mags? I keep seeing ads in Shotgun news for them. 40 bucks for a body or something like that
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Schere tubes for IPSC/USPSA competition. I replaced all my factory glock nfml mags with them. They drop free more consistantly, and run reliably. You HAVE to tune the followers to work with the schere tubes. They will not run reliably otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
either tune the followers or use Scherer's followers.  i saw a guy selling them at a gunshow for $30.  if you get the trade discount from Brownell's it $24.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought some replacement .40 cal tubes from Brownells. Couldn't get any of them to work reliably.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Scheer(sp) tube to replace a bad glock 17 tube and used the glock internals.  I've put about 200 rounds through it and it works fine.  Wouldn't use for a carry mag but works good at the range.  When I first loaded it I could only get ten rounds in it.  Left it that way for a couple of days then I could get 12 in it.  Did it again and can now get 15 rounds but the 15th one is a b**ch to get in.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you tune the followers, anyway?

Thanks,
Dave
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I just visited the thread and I noticed that the author used a Glock NDF mag with what looks to be a DF Scherer mag body....

This works?

I have a pair of G-17 NDF mags from days LONG past that have played connect the dots for me.  I am still planning to sit and see what the crime bill does but if I could get a new body for about $30 I may just replace the body?  The mags still work, it's just that they sure don't DF with the back of the mag splitting open!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top