Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2003 9:58:49 PM EDT
Alright, I've gone from an AR to a shotgun, and now it's time for a handgun.

I have chosen a KTordnance frame with picatanny rails for accessories down the line.

I am now looking into the rest of the firearm. I want to have a dark parkerized finish on it (I dont like shiny, silver guns... hammer and trigger might be an exception, though)

Where would you guys suggest to get the rest of the parts? Give me some suggestions (from places you have donebusiness with preferrably, otherwise what you've heard)

The finished product should be a 1911, blued, with a 5" barrel.

Any tricks or tips?

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells is a one-stop shop for what you'd want & need. There's also Denny's & Midway.

Brownells has damn near perfect customer service. Their catalog is what wet dreams are made of.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Better yet, get a C&R FFL, which costs $30 and is good for 3 years.  You'll save at least the cost of your FFL (even if you never use it) on your first 1911 build through Brownell's discounts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Better yet, get a C&R FFL, which costs $30 and is good for 3 years.  You'll save at least the cost of your FFL (even if you never use it) on your first 1911 build through Brownell's discounts.

In California? I can't imagine that it would be an easy process...
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In California? I can't imagine that it would be an easy process...

You never know until you try.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You might want to visit my pages; I've built one from a KT frame and am currently working on another.  I have a parts list for the first one, complete with Brownell's part numbers.

grahamcracka.dns2go.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top