User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an RMR HRS and an Forward Controls plate sitting here waiting on my G17mos to come in. Hope after some testing/training, it will be a new duty setup for me!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The reason we're heavily vested in ACRO plates has been revealed today

ACRO P2
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ACRO P2
View Quote

Any estimated release on the ACRO plate? Sorry if already discussed
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ACRO P2
View Quote

OOH look at that battery life...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
They’ve been a thing for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They’ve been a thing for quite awhile.
View Quote

What has?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint.  P2 was scheduled to be released months ago, they had to work out a minor issue that's been addressed now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aimpoint.  P2 was scheduled to be released months ago, they had to work out a minor issue that's been addressed now.
View Quote

Ah, I swear I checked the other day and didn't see it on your website. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Roger,
How's the VP9 plate coming along?  Any pics?  
Thanks  
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Working on P365XL plate and backup sights now, VP9 RMR is waiting its turn.

OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc will be shipping in 2 to 3 weeks :)
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the sitrep.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't wait for that VP9 plate!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ACRO P2
View Quote

Holy smokes...

I'm seriously considering one of these now!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]
If Aimpoint said the p-1 was gonna have a 1.5 year life and ended up having a 3 weak life on usable 8....

Then we can only assume that this p-2 quoted at 5 years will have a 8-week life?  

My rmr has lasted 2+ years at this point...  I would need the acro to last at least a year to consider replacing.

I did purchase an acro plate for my atom slide just in case it ends up being good.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
OPF-G, ACRO has been around since last year, it's made by our friends at Tangodown, we rebrand it as ours.  We looked at how we would do it, it'd be the same as what TD has already done, so we just use theirs, we couldn't have done it better.

Quoted:

Any estimated release on the ACRO plate? Sorry if already discussed
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OPF-G, ACRO has been around since last year, it's made by our friends at Tangodown, we rebrand it as ours.  We looked at how we would do it, it'd be the same as what TD has already done, so we just use theirs, we couldn't have done it better.

View Quote

I probably already know the answer to this but is it confirmed the ACRO plate will work with the P2 version?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Same footprint between P1 and P2
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Same footprint between P1 and P2
View Quote

Thanks Duffy! I'm seriously considering one now that they've increased the battery life and I know there is a FCD (Tango down) plate available!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#20]
ACRO P2 won't be available till August

Meanwhile, G43X will be released in couple of weeks, and P365XL plate for RMRcc is progressing along.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ACRO P2 won't be available till August
View Quote

Good thing I ordered mine last month to hopefully be at the front of the line.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Question about the P365XL RMRcc plate and back up sights. Are you also coming out with a suppressor height front sight? Btw, I love your RMR mos plate. It was a bitch to put on my G45 but it’s awesome. ????
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes on the P365X/XL plate rear sight
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Hot damn. Awesome thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Both the 43X/48 and P365X/XL plates have incorporated input from agencies.  We had our own ideas of backup sight height but we will make these sights based on input graciously provided instead.

As soon as they're done, we'll submit them for testing, and hopefully approval.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Prototype OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc.

Production plate will be slightly different, we'll talk about the reason when it goes live in a week or two

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Just wanted to mention this story, as some of you might find it useful.

Our agency now has about 30 RDS-equipped handguns, issued to our SWAT team and training unit.  They are issued guns--G17.5 MOS with Trijicon RMRs and FCD plates, with no sealing plate.  We have had them in service now for about 6 months.

A few days ago we had a call-out.  One of our snipers took up a position of cover in the prone position at the edge of a dirt road.  A short while after deploying it started to rain--hard.  Within a few minutes he was laying prone in a puddle of moving, muddy water, with the top end/sight of the handgun submerged.  After lying in the puddle for about an hour and a half the call-out was resolved.  Immediately after the debrief he started cleaning up his equipment.  So much water/mud/dirt had collected in the holster that the deputy had to force the hood forward to draw his handgun (he advised that he didn't believe this was a deficiency of the holster, and believed any holster would have had similar problems in that situation).  

After a thorough exterior cleaning of the handgun he called me and asked if I would like to take it down to an armorer's level inspection, and to check the RMR to make sure there were no issues.  I felt this was a great opportunity to check the 'weatherproofedness' of the sight and plate.  I am happy to report that there was no intrusion of water/dirt/debris in between the sight and plate (remember, we are not running a sealing plate).  Also, just as an aside, the operator mentioned that, while the sight had been submerged in water for over an hour and there was visible water on the sight/glass and some 'starburst,' he would have had no problems using the sight, if necessary.

Anyway, just anecdotal real-world report.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you!  

Reports from another PD with 350 plus officers in TX had also reported no issues with water intrusion, this was probably the first agency that approved and started using OPF-G, RMR in 2020, not long after its introduction.  They wade into rivers and ponds, not to mention rain and snow, in and out of the patrol cars when condensation can form.

The only "through hole feature" as Trijiocn calls it that could allow moister to enter is the plate to slide screw holes, these holes are populated with screws.  With thread locker, there's never been evidence of water intrusion.

Still, we've adopted Trijicon's position that if you want to use the sealer plate, use it.  Glock's OEM plate requires it, since OPF-G, RMR is of the same thickness, it can accommodate a sealer plate.   The amount of thread engagement having a thin piece of plate would remove is immaterial, the screws still meet minimum thread engagement.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#29]
37 pages!!!

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#30]
@Duffy
Updates?  VP9 OR?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got my VP9, though we've had a slide to use for development for a while.  We're focused on getting the P365X/XL plate finished, then will move on to VP9 ACRO and RMR, which are considerably easier than G43X and P365X/XL plates
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I have 2 plates on full size rmr/glocks 17 & 19 and they work great , I have another G19MOS that I want to outfit with an RMRCC and I just want to make sure that the OPF-G, RMRcc plate is the correct plate to mount the RMRCC on a G19MOS.

@Duffy
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep OPF-G, RMRcc is the one for 17/19 sized Glocks.

OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc (shipping to dealers next week) is for G43X/48
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Drunk purchased a CHPWS Glock RMR mounting plate and it arrived today. I was less than thrilled to find out it was plastic, but I guess that's my fault. It feels like a cheap piece of shit. Hopefully I'm wrong.

80 bucks for this thing, wow. It feels like something I'd get out of a 25 cent gumball machine.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why not return or exchange it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drunk purchased a CHPWS Glock RMR mounting plate and it arrived today. I was less than thrilled to find out it was plastic, but I guess that's my fault. It feels like a cheap piece of shit. Hopefully I'm wrong.

80 bucks for this thing, wow. It feels like something I'd get out of a 25 cent gumball machine.

Should I? It seems to have good reviews. I'd rather shoot with it for a while and see if it breaks first before I return it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have fun.  
My friend and I bought DPP plates from CHPWS. His sheared on the first range trip and the DPP hit him in the face. Mine was still NIB. My friend was met with a lot of resistance when trying to get a refund so I verified on their site that I could in fact return a product if it was NIB within a certain time and I was well within that. Guy still gave me grief over the whole thing and said they were going to take a 20% restocking fee (not advertised on their site). Whoever processed the refund gave me the full amount however.
I just haven't liked the guy's attitude from the get go.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You get the defender?  Should have got the V4 Mil/Leo version.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the V4 Defender.

https://chpws.com/product/v4-defender-glock-mos-to-trijicon-rmr-type-1-2
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I recommend nothing but FCD to the goons on Reddit.

No competitor. IMHO
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I wish FCD would get into the Staccato plate game after their done with Glock.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:17:38 AM EDT
[#42]
We are
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc.
Attachment Attached File

In the above picture, you can see the sight is located somewhat in the middle, with some overhang in the rear.

This is the reason for moving the sight back on the plate:
Attachment Attached File

We positioned the RMRcc towards the center of the plate as much as feasible, this is done to reduce the amount of unsupported overhang on the RMRcc's sealing plate in front.  RMRcc has a rubber gasket around its battery compartment to keep water and moisture at bay, which pushes the sealing plate downward.  This isn't an issue if the plate is of the same length as the RMRcc, but with an overhang, it creates a slight gap between the gasket and the sealing plate.  OPF-G43x/48, RMRcc's design eliminates the gap/opening between the sight and sealer plate, to the point of emulating a plate that's as long as the sight itself.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks good, might have to get me a 43x/48 soon. Ordered my ARCO plate, now just have to wait for the P2 release
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't care for the lightweight mafia and lightening cuts designed solely for show.

OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc has a huge lightening cut, but it's invisible when the plate is installed and in use.  The 43X RMRcc plate is lighter than our RMR plate as a result.  There's a vast (relatively speaking) area under the plate that doesn't do anything except taking up weight, so it's removed.

Nothing without purpose.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my adapter plate installed and tested. Seems fine for now. Still not impressed by the feel of it. I hope I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Our plate?  What's wrong with it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Our plate?  What's wrong with it?
View Quote

Are you CHPWS? Nothing wrong I can tell, it just feels flimsy. I’m sure it’s good, you wouldn’t be selling them if they fall apart.

Just one question, is your torque recommendation for the screws into the T nuts of 10 inch pounds correct? That’s not even finger tight. I did use the included thread locker.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry can't comment on the torque value on another company's product, probably lower than ours being they're smaller diameter screws.

Ours is 12 to 13 or 13.5 in/lb.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top