Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:33:34 AM EDT
I'm replacing the XS Sight Systems Big Eye sights on my K9 and am considering the MMC rear sight Kahr offers.
Anyone have any experience- good or bad- with them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:01:13 PM EDT
No experience with MMC, but would you be interested in selling your Big Eye sights?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:59:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PAEBR332:
No experience with MMC, but would you be interested in selling your Big Eye sights?

Sure. The sights are a tritium front with a standard rear. Still interested?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:11:17 AM EDT
Installed the new MMC sights this weekend and can say they are a great sight system. Was a bit of a pain in the ass to install as they took a bit of fitting, but once installed they came to zero quickly and are very easy to pick up when doing 'draw-fire' drills and double taps.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:24:53 PM EDT
Not to hijack the thread but I just lost the front sight on my E9 for the second time in 6 years. What does it take to install the sights on a Kahr E9? Is it the same as the K9?
They were the factory sights and I think they are made of plastic. The front sight looks staked but I would rather have a dovetailed sight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:26:28 AM EDT
The E9 sight IS staked in place, unlike the K series. There are a couple of options you have to keep your front sight- 1 is to have a competent gunsmith put in a dovetail on the slide and then use the Novak or Meprolight sights from Kahr. The other is to use an epoxy when installing a new E9 sight.

Of the 2, I would pay the money to have a dovetail put in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:50:26 PM EDT
What didn't you like about the Big Dot on the Kahr? I was thinking it would be a good match on a small pistol. Did you have the Big Dot, or the slightly smaller one?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:35:28 AM EDT
I had the big dot. There's nothing wrong with the sight itself. I changed ammo brands and was having issues with bullet impact. I decide to change to adjustable sights to eliminate the problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:17:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FB41:
I had the big dot. There's nothing wrong with the sight itself. I changed ammo brands and was having issues with bullet impact. I decide to change to adjustable sights to eliminate the problem.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top