User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2003 9:18:05 PM EDT
Where is everyone?
MKII's are the best pistol ever made.
Speak out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Where is everyone?

Out of town (at least I've been). Two categories of MKII owners: those who swear by tham and those easily outsmarted who swear at them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been buyin' 'em since the MKIs were real cheap.
I found after owning darned near every other make .22 pistol available, I keep returning to the Ruger.
The list includes a Whitney, a MAB, a few Berettas (model 70, 21 and 76), numerous Hi-Standards, Llamas, a couple Jennings, an Erma, Smiths (2206, 622, 422, sportsman), Stars, an Astra, an Iver Johnson TP22, a Sterling 302, lots of Brownings (from the Nomads on up to the Buckmarks), even a Unique...I still have a few MKIIs for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Anothergene: There must be a very good reason for that, dont you think?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my MkIIs,Ive got a red dot on my stainless,and can get some pretty accurate shots off with that one.
I just wish I could say the same out of my open sight MkII,Ive installed painted Millet sights,but still dont care for the sights-------------------oh well
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]

I love my MkIIs,Ive got a red dot on my stainless,and can get some pretty accurate shots off with that one.
I just wish I could say the same out of my open sight MkII,Ive installed painted Millet sights,but still dont care for the sights-------------------oh well

Millet sights SUCK and offer little, if ANY, improvement over the factory setup. The best iron sight I've found yet has been the all-steel from Bowen Classic Arms. Easier to see and nice fine click adjustments.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Does Bomar still make a nice one for the MKII?  I have a n.i.p. BMCS-2 model I'de love to swap for the MKII version.

I have 3 of the 5 1/2" Target models so you know I like them.  The last one I got was a blued one with a SoLow mount and a nice Tasco PDP2 red dot sight.  It's a fun little setup and a friend I have been taking to the range as of late ....loves that thing and can shoot it well.  Here's a pic of it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Does Bomar still make a nice one for the MKII?

I think they did at one time, but not currently.

Here's what the Bowen sight looks like:

They used to be fairly reasonable, but due to poor sales, Hamilton Bowen has made them a special order item only (about $100 each now, versus $60 when they first came out).  I guess some people didn't make the connection with him and auto pistols after all of his revolver work.

Volquartsen also make a nice-looking rear sight (I've never handled one), but theirs require the entire sight base be replaced.

They list a retail of $69.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top