Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2006 2:12:40 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Kimber CS guns use MIM parts like the production line guns?  Or perhaps some parts are MIM and some are "upgraded?"

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Custom shop guns are chock full of MIM. Every part in the regular production guns that is MIM is also MIM in the custom shop guns. The Custom shop is a bunch of BS. There is nothing custom about them. They are regular production just like every other Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/13/2006 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Custom shop guns are chock full of MIM. Every part in the regular production guns that is MIM is also MIM in the custom shop guns. The Custom shop is a bunch of BS. There is nothing custom about them. They are regular production just like every other Kimber.

Wow -- that's so lame.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, how do you know this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have a couple of CS guns and a standard production gun.  The CS guns have the serial numbers matched on the slide and frame (well, the serial number is engraved into the slide, matching the one on the frame).  I don't know what all they do to the CS guns, but I have noticed that they have extra work such as checkering, a tighter slide/barrel/frame fit and trigger work.  Can anyone support the claim that the CS guns use just as many MIM parts as the standard production line?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Go over to 1911forum.com and post the ? in the Kimber forum, you will get a quick answer. Every Kimber is equally full of MIM. All Kimbers have the last 3 digits of the serial # marked under the slide, not just CS guns. True CS guns have some extra features and might see a bit of extra care in their build, but they are production guns and by no strech of the imagination even semi custom. There are so many CDP's out there Kimber would have to hire 1000 smiths to make them if they were actually all put together by a skilled smith. Not to mention all of the other custom shop models. Every part on my CDP that can be MIM, is MIM. Not that I really care. I love the gun but it's just the facts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top