Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/2/2008 1:23:39 PM EDT
I am looking to purchase a 1911 and have narrowed the search to these two pistols. What I would like to know is whether or not these pistols are of equal quality. I am willing to spend the extra money on the MC Operator for durability and reliability should it be warranted though I do not necessarily need a light rail. So... are these two pistols of equal quality and value save the light rail on the MC Operator, is one more/less accurate or reliable than the other? Intended use is home defense and occasional off duty carry. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:44:16 PM EDT
IMO, there's no real difference between the two in reliability & accuracy. Obviously no two 1911s will be exactly alike in accuracy, even in the same model, IMO.

The only real difference I can tell is going to be in the finish. There's also the obvious resale value being higher on the more expensive gun.

Personally, *I* loathe the rails on 1911s, they SO spoil the clean, lean lines of the gun.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:03:28 PM EDT
Get the PX9109LP and never look back.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:46:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 6:22:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
The Loaded's are built in Brazil and finished in the USA. The MC Operator is built in the USA and has a better fit and finish than the Brazilian made guns. Further it is fitted with a one piece storm lake barrel (Brazilian guns have two piece barrels) and has (Im my experiance) a much better fit and lockup.

Is this from Springfield? I hadn't heard this before................
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:04:06 AM EDT

The Loaded's are built in Brazil and finished in the USA. The MC Operator is built in the USA and has a better fit and finish than the Brazilian made guns. Further it is fitted with a one piece storm lake barrel (Brazilian guns have two piece barrels) and has (Im my experiance) a much better fit and lockup.

SGB, I thought the new loadeds where made in the US but the mil spec and GIs where still made in brazil? I know I have a loaded .45 in black stainless, loaded 9mm, and a TRP and none of them have the Brazil stamping on them. I do have a older ultra compact and a older .40 model loaded. The ultra has Brazil on the slide and the loaded .40 has it under the grips.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 2:47:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:20:28 PM EDT

It's my understanding that the majority of the Loadeds are Brazilian made Mil specs that are upgraded here in the US to Loadeds. However some Loadeds are fully US made and are the ones with the NM serial number prefix.

That would make since. My TRP has the NM serial number as well as my loaded 9mm. My black stainless and my .40 both have the N4 serial number and the .40 has brazil under the grips so I would say they where made in brazil.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 6:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2008 6:19:22 PM EDT by BobCole]

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Is this from Springfield? I hadn't heard this before................

Bob, I've read it in several articles over the last several years ( which is in line with my personal observations on the numerous SA 1911's I've handled).

Here's one that a quick google pulled up. American handguner Nov 2000

Having said that remember that there are always exceptions to everything. I've seen several older TRP's that were made in Brazil. However to the best of my knowledge the MC Operator and TRP are currently made in the USA.

Something I tell women all the time...............

Thanks for the link, BTW.............
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 1:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2008 1:32:28 PM EDT by pcsutton]
Brazil, schmazil. I have a GI model which is made in Brazil and a TRP which is made in the US. They each have several thousand rounds through them with the same identical number of malfunctions.....ZERO.

Anybody who blames Brazil for their Springer's malfunctions either can't reload fer shit or has a limp wrist.

ETA: Operator. More attention to detail on fitting. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:12:11 PM EDT
I would say the decision comes down to if you want the rail or not.

My Loaded is NM prefix and no Brazil anywhere on it.

-Corn
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 7:36:52 PM EDT
So, even if the standard loaded model with a NM prefix is made in the US, does it still have a two piece barrel?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 3:43:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:26:23 PM EDT
U want 1 of these:

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:18:37 PM EDT
Sheesh, what kind of holster does Speed Racer keep that in? LOL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:19:12 AM EDT
I would go with the Operator without a 2nd thought. The MC has a MUCH better finish. I HATE the park job on my Loaded. I love the Armory Kote on my TRP.

I also agree that the fit is better on the Operator vs the Loaded. A good friend of mine explained it to me like this.

"You'll never be upset that you spent the extra money on a nicer gun with all the features you want. You may, however, regret not spending it and being less than in love with what you bought."

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:31:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Shipwreck:
U want 1 of these:

i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/mc10-1.jpg

Mine just came in on Friday and I can't wait to shoot it on Monday. No where does is say Brazil...but I didn't check under the grips. I field stripped it today and saw some NM markings. The fit and finish are better then I expected to get. The sights are brighter then I thought they would be in total darkness. The trigger feels awesome...been running some snap cap drills getting used to everything and feeling the differences between my XD 5" 45. This is going to be my CCW during low to medium risk mode, while the XD will be for the higher risk stuff. Can't beat having 13+1 going in hot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:30:09 PM EDT
i love my mc operator, i am in the market for another 1911, and i am giving the loaded parked sa a look.

lets keep the pics going. here is mine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 6:34:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 7:07:29 AM EDT
both are great firearms and will serve you well; both offer great features for the price; i would opt for the MC Operator if you prefer a rail
Top Top