Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/23/2005 12:35:58 PM EDT
Holy Mackeral. I went to shoot my new buglies and I was making quarter sized holes at 15 feet. Kinda sharp snap recoil but not that heavy. Just amazing. The Walther P5 that I also brough sucked donkey balls. I am sending it back. I was getting like 10+ inch groups at 15 feet. WTF.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT
From what I understand, a lot of people take some of the 'snap" out of the recoil by replacing the recoil spring in their Mak's with a 19, or 21lb Wolff recoil spring, which can be found at Makarov.com, for relatively cheap.

But yeah...the Mak's are accurate as hell for such a "beater" type pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:59:19 PM EDT
The 115gr silver bear loads are unpleasant, but any wolf 109gr doesn't have the snappy recoil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:43:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zardoz:
From what I understand, a lot of people take some of the 'snap" out of the recoil by replacing the recoil spring in their Mak's with a 19, or 21lb Wolff recoil spring, which can be found at Makarov.com, for relatively cheap.

But yeah...the Mak's are accurate as hell for such a "beater" type pistol.

+1 on changing the spring out. My understanding about the accuracy is that it is in part due to the fixed barrel. I love my Maks. I have yet to experience a FTF/FTE.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:37:43 PM EDT
Well I shot both my bulgarians and both will shoot quarter sized holes at 15 feet. The crappier looking one is the one with the nicer trigger and more accurate. I am sending them both off to get chrome plated. Probably not worth it but I hate crappy looking pistols.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:20:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:
Well I shot both my bulgarians and both will shoot quarter sized holes at 15 feet. The crappier looking one is the one with the nicer trigger and more accurate. I am sending them both off to get chrome plated. Probably not worth it but I hate crappy looking pistols.

You must post pics when you get it done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:30:35 AM EDT
I need to put some more rounds through mine. I keep hearing that the trigger on my Bulgy will get better over time, so...

Accurate as hell, but that heavy DA and light SA leads to unintended double taps. I want 'em when I want 'em, dangit!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:27:22 AM EDT

Where do you get them chromed and how much? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:26:07 PM EDT
Why on God's green earth CHROMED. Why not dura coat or NP3 or something a bit lower key?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
$$
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:12:45 PM EDT

$$

You will actually save some money because the bore is already chromed.
Top Top