Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:34:19 PM EDT
Sigarms, after years of a really average website, finally hired a good webdesigner, and have added many new variations of their Revolution 1911 to the site.  

Check them out here...

What do you guys think of the new ones?  And what is your opinions on Sig 1911's in general?  Most everyone knows that the GSR had some growing pains, but that Sig either fixed or replaced the troublesome first run models.  I think some of these new offerings are a great addition to the product line at Sig.  How 'bout the rest of you?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
They may be great pistols now, but the ones I've seen don't strike me as any better than say a Kimber.  Even if they are better (in terms of quality materials), they still have an ugly slide that requires a holster specific to the Sig.  Personally, I'll pass.  I wouldn't think anything less of someone who wants one, but it's not my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Their site does look better.  But again, why go Sig when Kimber and others have been already doing this.  Yet, the same was said when Kimber first came around...Only time and proven reliability(with this new offering from Sig) will tell.  I must say their compact models do look sharp.  I think the price will also be a huge factor here on how sucessful this new offering from Sig is.  Cool either way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sig needs to redesign the slide and go to an Interanal extractor, then I'd buy one.

Just what I was thinking.   I like the no MIM but the extractor is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Sig fan...however..I do not like their 1911's....it's like a 220 banged a 1911 and that is what was produced.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sig needs to redesign the slide and go to an Interanal extractor, then I'd buy one.

Same here.

Edit... They don't really need to redisgn a slide, just go to a regular (perfect) 1911 slide.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#7]

SiG's 1911's are the answer to a question that was never asked.  

They got sold a bill of goods by Matt Macleren or whatever his name is - had to dump him because they were producing crap - and now they don't know how to get out...so they have taken to ghetto designs and crazy colors.

They need to put this debacle to rest...it's embarassing for a company with such a good reputation to keep pushing this line.  Next thing you know, there'll be Rainbow Titanium 1911's...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If I wanted a Single Action SIG I'd get this.

P220 Carry SAO
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked one up after Sig had fixed the QC problems (look for ones with "Revolution" on the slide).  Tight as a Kimber, no MIM, good trigger, accurate, reliable, $850 NIB.  I could have paid an additional $600 for a Les Baer, but why?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Just think what it would have been like if Sig actually built a 1911 with all the Sig quality, reliability, and accuarcy along with building it like a traditional 1911 - no EE, no funky shaped slides.  I'd bet that they would sell more than they could make.  

But no, they had to get all creative and different, now they just have a funky looking 1911 that most true 1911 shooters won't buy.

Don't they do any market research at all?  They had a golden opportunity to sell a buttload of guns.  Think about it, a traditional 1911 built by Sig.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top