Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:28:30 AM EDT
Got it from the EE and will be meeting him at the Orlando gun show tomorrow to pick it up. Barely used two tone 228. I honestly cant wait cause this will be my first pistol purchase and will more than likely be my carry gun once I get my permit in a couple months. Just wanted to share the news of this joyous occassion

Also I have heard things about Sigs rusting easily. Is this true? What can I do to prevent this, especially if I will be carrying it in this Florida humidity?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Guessing that since its a two tone the steel is nickle plated.  That should help on the rusting issue.  Clean the thing and wipe on a little rem oil every few days, that will help also.  If the nickle isn't enough to keep rust from forming on the steel, get it chrome plated, problem solved.  Good choice, I have a two tone P228 that I love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top