Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:48:41 PM EDT
I think the P232 fits the gap better but no one on this board ever seems to talk about them

I know there are lots of people who like their 239s but from what I can see they are damn near as heavy as the Walther P99. I love my P99, it fits in my pocket just fine, it just pulls my pants down which is why Im not really looking at 239s.

So there you have it, blue P232 with hogue grips. Any advice? I figure the blued is the lighter of the two and from when I fired my friends P232 with and without grips it became obvious that the hogues were required.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a stainless Sig 230. I bought some Hogue rubber grips for it and I shoot better with them.
However, for concealed carry the rubber tends to stick to my clothing so I went back to the Sig grips. I also carry the Sig 225 most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
mmk i was looking at a belt rig that would fit under a shirt, or maybe even a pocket rig depending on how much the over all weight is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a thought - if you're looking for a 9mm in that size, but lighter weight, check out a Kahr...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a stainless Sig 230. I bought some Hogue rubber grips for it and I shoot better with them.
However, for concealed carry the rubber tends to stick to my clothing so I went back to the Sig grips. I also carry the Sig 225 most of the time.

I have the same problem with the Hogue grips on my 232SL, they feel great in the hand but I want to replace them with smooth factory grips so they won't grab my clothes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Many people praise the 'smoothness' of the stainless model P232.  Too heavy for your tastes, I would wager, as it is for mine.   A nice middle ground is the two-tone which is lighter than the stainless by a few ounces but still offers the silky action.

So I have heard, anyway, and so I intend to find out for myself as soon as funds allow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If your not concerned with caliber, I'd say go with the 232 to fill the gap.

Pssst...Phlybox:  go here my friend, come , talk with us.
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=37
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my alloy framed  P232 as a carry gun.  I replaced my PPK/S with it due to its lighter weight & better overall reliability.  Its 16.2 oz unloaded which is a stupid spec.  Damn things no good unloaded.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up a stainless P232 with night sights and a hogue grip for $400

01 Date coded

Fits in the pocket, isnt too heavy

all said, it was a sam adams moment.

Its a *little* on the heavy side but nothing that bothers me. Rather then not existing in my pocket, I at least know its there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
you will be happy with it.  i fed mine a diet of winchester, s&b, remington.  i only had a couple stovepipes.  but without the external slide stop and the small ejection port those can be a real pain in the ass to clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top