Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 6:13:42 PM EDT
I'm looking into getting a G-Code as my CCW holster. I've read some really great reviews about it, plus it has an attachment to turn it into a drop holster. Since I'm not too familiar with holsters, I have a few questions.

What is better for concealed carry, belt or paddle holster?
What are the pros and cons of each?
Is it better to get a holster with a cant or straight drop?
What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:26:04 PM EDT

%
:1045 (XD CODE)
N1G00G17G40G49G80
N2G28G91Z0.
N3G28X0.Y0.
N4M30
%

Oh wait, you meant a different kind of G Code...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:02:28 AM EDT
I have a G Code with the belt and paddle attachements.

Forget the paddle for carry use. (forget ANY paddle for carry use, for that matter) Paddles are inherintly un-stable. And usually work their way up and out of your pants.

The belt attach. works well, as it allows you to move the gun about 3" back and forth to get a good placemement for YOU.

For carry, I really recommend a forward cant. It almost always makes the butt of any handgun conceal better. A straight frop will leave that butt sticking right out in mid-air.

The G Code holsters are the best deal in kydex, IMHO. I really like mine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:03:08 PM EDT
Damn! I'm SOL. I just took a look at the holsters again with the belt attachment with the cant, and they don't make if for leftys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Riddick01:
Damn! I'm SOL. I just took a look at the holsters again with the belt attachment with the cant, and they don't make if for leftys.

Call them up and plead your case. Maybe they will do it. Never hurts to ask.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:51:00 AM EDT
I tried to email them to see what they could do, but haven't received a response yet. I might just get one of the attachments anyway, since they are only $11. If they make it great, I'll spend the money. If they don't, I at least have something that will allow me to carry the holster. Which would be better, the canted paddle or the straight drop belt attachment?
Top Top