Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 1:54:52 PM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing a CZ pistol to add to the stable.  I love my FEG hi power clone and wanted to add another 9mm to the stable and I've read only wonderful things about CZs.  My question is where to start.  Part of me says get the CZ75, it's the flagship.  But there are several varieties of that.  The P-07 and P-09 look nice too.  If I do go with the 75, should I get the B, the Omega, or the BD???  And if I go with the P series, I'm thinking of the P-09 but is there any reason I should look at the 07 as a better option???  This will be a predominantly a range gun.  I have carry pistols already.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really need the decocker now that I think about it.  Another question. Is the Omega trigger better than the original CZ75 trigger???  From what I've read it's largely a preference thing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing to consider with the Omega is that I think they don't work with certain Kadet (.22LR) adapters...or maybe all of them, I'm not sure. Also when the Omegas first came out, I think they had a problem with a spring popping out of place or something. I don't remember the details. I was always happy enough with my standard 75 triggers, especially if they were tuned a bit, and they're reliable. And I shoot Kadets a lot so I've never considered an Omega model.

I'd recommend trying to get your hands on a few models and see what feels right to you. A lot of people love the SP01s, but some, including myself, prefer the standard frame 75s. I've owned a standard SP01 and an SP01 Shadow Target and sold both. The SP01s will tame recoil a bit more, but of course the balance is different too. The standard 75 frames are a little lighter in the front, and a little faster to move. But to each their own.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If I remember everything correctly:

Usually the Omega has a better out of the box trigger. The Omega trigger system is easier to work on from an armorers standpoint. It's much simpler. But the regular trigger will normally clean up (by itself) after some use. The DA pull on an Omega should/will be a little heavier than a normal B, but the SA will be much nicer.

But if you were to ever do or have a trigger job done on either. The B will turn out much better. Because the design of the Omega isn't as robust as the traditional 75 setup. The Omega's integration of the FPB lifter (between the sear and trigger bar) means that you will never be able to get a trigger as nice as a standard 75. Especially if reset is important to you.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a 75 series metal framed gun and you even think you may like a light on it, get the SP01.  If you want something polymer, get the P09.

The only one I wouldn't buy is the P07, simply because it has plastic sights.  Otherwise, I think it's the most practical/useful pistol in the lineup.

If you get any of the 75 series, they are heavy and make for soft range/competition shooters but are not very practical otherwise.  I wouldn't want to carry that around if I had a polymer framed option available.  My only other complaint is that I think the sights (75b) suck balls.  The dots are tiny and the front dot is the same size as the rear...

In the end, you'll love whatever you get from CZ, they don't really make a bad gun.  Anyone who rags on the triggers is a snob in my opinion, regardless of whether they're talking about 75b or Omega series.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a 75 series metal framed gun and you even think you may like a light on it, get the SP01.  If you want something polymer, get the P09.

View Quote

SP-01 Phantom.  Best of both worlds.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top