Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 5:01:12 PM EDT
I am looking at getting a CZ-75.  I basically am a recreational shooter, but do go to IPSC shoot occasionally.  I was wondering if it is worth the extra $300-$500 to get the IPSC version?  

I know that the regular CZ can be used in IDPA, so that might be a bonus, because those are now being held in my area.  

But what are the major benefits of the IPSC version?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot of guys have CZ's here (including myself) but I believe the bulk of the knowledge is at the actual CZ forum. A lot moee active than here. Lots-o-info there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely check out the CZ Forums.  (www.czforum.com).  There is a wealth of CZ knowlege over there.  They'll CZertainly help you out!

Whatever CZ you get, I'm sure you'll like it!

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ 75 hicaps are relatively cheap - $30-40 ea.

Don't know if the IDPA version can use them.

Keep in mind the whole purpose of IDPA - self-defense practice WITHOUT getting into the equipment race.

Will you carry a CZ 75 or equivalent for CCW???
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Having shot a bunch of CZ's

They are accurate as a sig,
Reliable as a glock/hk/whatever you name
And cost relatively little.

One of my friends who shoots IPSC, uses a standard CZ .45acp...
and regulary beets the others

the standard 75 should suffice
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered two hicaps from a guy offa gunbroker.com for $45 SHIPPED.   Not a bad deal.

Since I have the standard 75B, I can use it in IDPA, however, I can only load 10 rounds in each mag.

The IPSC is a bit more tuned, but I'm pretty sure they take the same mags.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot a CZ75 Compact it is very accurate and tight it is also my cary gun. It is a little heavy but its reliability and accuracy outweight the weight. GOOOOOOOOD GUN.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry a CZ75DB loaded with 124gr speer gold dots.I use 115gr Fiocchi & Winchester at the range. I reworked the action myself when I got the gun last year, and its slicker than s**t. Never a FTE, I love it, handles like a dream.If there was a gun I would replace it would be this one....and I have a collection of other makes,but im just overly impressed with the CZ75.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Own a CZ-75b...
Great shooter, and almost half the price of Glocks/SIGs and the like...

Low muzzle bore/trigger ratio equates to less felt recoil...

I've owned (2) SIG's, but I get better groups with my CZ...

Looking to buy a Compact version for conceal-carry...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top