Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2008 7:08:31 PM EDT
Has anyone had the Lone Wolf "round" mag catch installed in their pistol?  It looks like it duplicates the factory mag catc from the Pro series.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone had the Lone Wolf "round" mag catch installed in their pistol?  It looks like it duplicates the factory mag catc from the Pro series.

Actually its a knock off of the AroTek STMR(Sure Touch Mag Release)

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually its a knock off of the AroTek STMR(Sure Touch Mag Release)

They sell both theirs Link-Large and Link-Small for $15 and the AroTech STMR  Link for $35.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 I am interested as well.

I have been tempted by this several times. Its the only part of a Glock that doesn't seem to fit me well. Every time I take a class, I always seem to have issues with the reload drills - rarely do I get a good release and often have to reposition my firing hand and/or strip the mag out with my weak hand while holding the fresh mag.

I hate the idea of making such a permanent mod but if it resolved my reload drill issues then I would love it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I ordered.  They're on back order so I won't have em for a couple weeks but I hear good things about 'em.
http://www.topglock.com/images/magcatchext.JPG

Check out THIS video at Top Glock.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I bought a regular extended mag release and it works PERFECTLY. Extremely easy to install, too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's what I ordered.  They're on back order so I won't have em for a couple weeks but I hear good things about 'em.
www.topglock.com/images/magcatchext.JPG

Check out THIS video at Top Glock.

I have one on my G20/21L and like it alot, however, it does have the possibility of catching on things (although it hasn't ever happened to me).  I have a straight extended one on my G22 and while it works OK, I prefer the rear extension of this one.  If I had the money and time, I think I'd send my lower to LW and have them cut it out for theirs.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
COSteve,  You may want to check locally for a gunsmith that does em.  By the time you ship the lower there and back then possibly have to transfer it back to you it could get expensive.  I know we have a guy here who does it.  The mag release cutting tool is only $125 so I'd guess a local smitty might have one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Mildew, you can send out your lower directly to LW and they can send it directly to you.  No need to go through an FFL as you are simply getting work done on a pistol you already own, rather than transferring ownership.  However, you are right in that there are the costs of shipping your lower to LW.  I figure $8.95 for USPA Priority Flat Rate shipping to get it to LW.

They include shipping back to you in the price they charge for cutting the opening.  I quote from their website, "Use the LWD-AT3 Magazine Release Cutting Tool for installation or send us your frame and $30.00 (includes return shipping). Same day turn around for all magazine release modifications!"  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one on a G22. I noticed (actually I tried to do it) that if I dropped the gun just so and it landed on the release, it would release the mag. I was only dropping it a few inches onto a table but still.... in a SHTF situation with Murphy and his laws involved and you drop the gun...

If it's just a range plinker, its very nice but not something I would want on a gun that I carried for self defense.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Kinda cool lookin', but I leave stuff like that stock, on my Glocks.

They're really all "workin'" guns, and I DON'T want that mag released until I say it's time!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top