Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 5:32:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 3:29:22 AM EST by FailureDrill-P099]
Anyone using a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector. planning on putting this in an off duty carry gun with a NY1 trigger. As good as Glock OEM or better. Would like to do a few of my glocks like this but dont want to pay 40 bucks a pop for OEM when I can get Lone Wolf for 14.00

What say you LW go to go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:14:10 AM EST
LWD has a good reputation, so I'm sure they are functionally the same, though I confess I don't have one of their connectors (I have one Ghost and one OEM Glock connector instead). The Ghost connector works just fine in my competition pistol, but for my CCW pistol, where my life or freedom could be at stake, I spent the extra and got the OEM Glock part. I got mine from Glockmeister for a lot less than $40 IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:34:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/12/2009 6:39:33 AM EST by BushmasterGuy77]
Originally Posted By FailureDrill-P099:
Anyone using a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector. planning on putting this in an off duty carry gun with a NY1 trigger. As good as Glock OEM or better. Would like to do a few of my glocks like this but dont want to pay 40 bucks a pop for OEM when I can get Lone Wolf for 14.00

Glockparts.com sells Glock OEM 3.5 connectors for $20 bucks and it shows them in stock.

I had a problem with my LWD 3.5 being defective when I got it. I tried everything everyone suggested to get it to work and nothing fixed the problem. So I returned the LWD 3.5 for a Glock OEM 3.5 instead.

Nathan

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:41:54 AM EST
Thanks guys for the info. I will look at Glockparts. I would prefer OEM parts. I have a NY1 and OEM 3.5 in two duty pistols that my department carried and really like this set up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:22:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By BushmasterGuy77:

Glockparts.com sells Glock OEM 3.5 connectors for $20 bucks and it shows them in stock.

I had a problem with my LWD 3.5 being defective when I got it. I tried everything everyone suggested to get it to work and nothing fixed the problem. So I returned the LWD 3.5 for a Glock OEM 3.5 instead.

Nathan

How could you tell that it was defective?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:39:42 AM EST

Nathan

Thanks Nathan,

went to Glockparts.com got the connector and a few other internal parts I needed for just under 30 bucks.

P099
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:45:36 AM EST
P099,

Np!

David is a good guy to do business with. I got a lot of internals for my Glock and my XS Sights from him.

Nathan

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:49:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By maverick698869:

Nathan

How could you tell that it was defective?

It looked pretty rough and had a lot of burrs on it. Perhaps it needed to be polished better? Besides, I know I was installing it correctly and I tried everything that was suggested by ARFCOM members and David from Glockparts to get it to work. I would rather go with the factory part anyways, which I should have the first time around.

Nathan
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:43:47 PM EST
I run 3.5 connectors with the NY1 trigger spring. I have used Ghost, LWD, and Glock OEM connectors. I like the Glock the best, it has a smooth pull all the way through with no two stage feel. The LWDs feel more like the 5.5 connector, although with the lighter pull weight.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:16:05 PM EST
I have no experience with the LWD Connector, but I usually recommend staying with Glock factory parts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:23:14 AM EST
I've run 3.5# connectors from Glock, Scherer, and Lone Wolf both with and without a comp trigger spring. The Scherer was lighter than the Glock, however, it left a mushy feel to the trigger with no crisp break and the takeup and over travel were the same as with the Glock connector.

The Lone Wolf connector, combined with a comp trigger spring gave me a crisp trigger, with little takeup and no over travel. The Lone Wolf connector coupled with a comp trigger spring is with out a doubt, the best combination I've tried by a very large margin. I run them in all my Glocks.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:31:28 AM EST
So when you run the 3.5 connector and a ny1 spring it keeps the weight of pull about the same as standard but with a more positive reset?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:11:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By va_gunz:
So when you run the 3.5 connector and a ny1 spring it keeps the weight of pull about the same as standard but with a more positive reset?

yes. My department went to G35 for duty carry and our policy stated you must have the 5 lbs trigger pull for duty. So we took out the trigger spring and dropped in a new york one. This puts the lbs right around 5 lbs + 0r - a small amount.

The + side is you get more positive trigger rest. I like the feel so I am replacing all my Glocks with this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:03:15 AM EST
I prefer the OEM 3.5.

All but one of my Glocks has this part in it, the other has a LWD. Its a good connector, but as others stated it feels closer to a standard 5.5.

I much prefer the feel of the OEM trigger, and I like the peace of mind of having all factory parts in there, even though I know I can depend on a LWD connectors.

Thanks to this thread, I ordered one up from glockparts. Glad you guys mentioned it, I've been looking for these for a while!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:56:21 PM EST
LWD claims thiers is the cats ass and that it is smooth and light and all that jazz. So most of you prefer the factory connector? OP, do you mind adding a poll. Im curious to see if anybody prefers the lwd.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:40:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 9:44:55 PM EST by COSteve]
The big difference came when I added the Comp Trigger Spring to each connector. That is when the difference between the Glock 3.5#, Scherer 3.5#, and Lone Wolf 3.5# became the greatest. The spring took out a lot of the pre-travel and all of the over-travel when I used the LW connector but had little effect with the Glock connector and didn't help the mushy feel with the Scherer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:35:39 AM EST
I just ordered an OEM (plus a few other things ) from glockparts also thanks to this thread.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:16:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 2:18:30 PM EST by violentj]
Originally Posted By COSteve:
I've run 3.5# connectors from Glock, Scherer, and Lone Wolf both with and without a comp trigger spring. The Scherer was lighter than the Glock, however, it left a mushy feel to the trigger with no crisp break and the takeup and over travel were the same as with the Glock connector.

The Lone Wolf connector, combined with a comp trigger spring gave me a crisp trigger, with little takeup and no over travel. The Lone Wolf connector coupled with a comp trigger spring is with out a doubt, the best combination I've tried by a very large margin. I run them in all my Glocks.

YMMV

I copied this setup and love it. I also picked up a Zevtech comp spring kit. I also tried different firing pin spings, with this setup and prefere the 3# Zevteck FP spring over the lightweight 2# comp spring.

The 3# Zevtech FP spring was supposed to be the same as stock, but it seems a tad lighter. I might try the new Zevtech 3.0 connector to see if its any better than the Lnewolf 3.5.

So far my trigger setup is:
Lonewolf 3.5 connector
Zevtech heavy trigger spring
2# or 3# Zevtech striker spring (sometimes the stock spring, I'm still tuning these to fine tune my guns pull, I want to err towards the heavier stock spring)

Lightweight striker safety spring
Zevtech titanium striker safety
Zevtech Fulcrum Trigger (needed a little file time, to get perfect.)

Turtle wax Chrome polish used on the parts of the trigger and connector where they meet, the striker safety face and on the trigger bar where it hits the safety, and the part of the connector that hits the sideways ramp on the slide. I didn't touch the parts where the striker and trigger bar meet, I didn't want to screw up that edge and lose my crisp break.

I used a dremel and a q-tip for polishing. I should have polished my recoil rod, I'll get that later.

Overall its not a good as a good 1911's trigger, but it seems to be more effective on the range than any of my 1911's. So it works, and it blows away what Sig, HK, and Smithy offer for triggers.

So I can't complain about Glock triggers anymore. Too bad I have about $900 in my G23 now. Oh well, It costs what it costs.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:22:41 PM EST
Of these three I have (OEM, LW, Ghost) I think the Ghost feels the best.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:38:41 PM EST
As soon as I got my G22 I put a LW 3.5 connector in it. A little over a 1,000 rounds and no problems. And, a good buddy of mine has just about every Glock model there is and he changes them all out to the LW 3.5 connector. No problems at all for him either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:00:33 AM EST
I use the Ghost 3.5 in my Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:48:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 2:49:06 PM EST by GTZ]
Good for you, dept going with 35's is a solid decision.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:05:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By wtchdr4011:
I use the Ghost 3.5 in my Glocks.

I have a Ghost 3.5# in one of my Glocks with a 4# Wolf firing pin spring and it's a pretty sweet combo. I'm going to field test the combo this weekend in a USPSA match.
Top Top