Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:10:12 PM EDT
Just happened upon  a Llama minimax in .40. runs great.

Was wondering which parts are interchangeable with standard Officer's model?

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a well visited forum.

Bump.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for lunch crowd
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure of the answer, but I'll bet that it's "almost none."

I do know that the grip safety from a ParaOrd P12/13 won't fit a Llama Mini-max II/Firestorm Mini Compact in .45...

Ask me how I know...

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for being the only one to post! Some of these forums are LONELY places.

I am not in any way contesting your statement about interchangability, I frankly do not know the answer. But it has always been my impression that ParaOrd parts were not interchangeable with "colt" parts anyway. Hell, in my experience, even the 'drop in' parts from some makers don't fit 'colt' without fitting.

I wish there were a few other opinions out there. (Lumpy196, where are you?)

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess is also almost none. The Llamas are...well to put it charitably...less than the very best. I'd sell it and move on...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of the parts on the .45 models are indeed interchangeable.   I dunno about the .40.

See here:  www.bersa-llama.com/1911compat.html

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The OLD Llamas were sort of hit or miss.  The new Llamas are made at a different factory in Spain, and from what I've heard, very well put together.  But then I'm sort of biased on this.

I have a Firestorm, same as the Llama.  Made at the same factory to the same specs, just has a different name on it.  I have the Firestorm Gov't Model .45.  According to their website, most of the .45 parts are interchangable.

Again, as someone else said, have no clue about the .40 stuff though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If it fires everytime then it is good to go,I don't know but would guess very little if any exchanges with a 1911 type format!  Not many replys to posts because most of us don't know!

Like the Ballester Molinas some were spot on,and some only the mags and some barrels were exchangable with 1911's!

The one llama that I owened only the mags were mil-spec(for lack of a better word) but I did like the external extractor(you could drop the slide on a hand loaded round in the chamber) a no-no on an internal extractor!

The llama is a very good low entry pistol!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Also I might ask how heavy is it?  I just saw a star in .40 and it was just like the firestar I had in .45 (just too damn heavy)!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got an older Llama 9mm (built like, looks like, acts like a 1911, just in 9mm not .45)

But damn near nothing is interchangeable.  I got to wondering about that one day, so I completely dissassembled both the Llama and my 1911 and while the parts are close, they're not close enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top