Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2002 8:51:46 AM EDT
Am i the only one that swears by Llama 45's?

quite frankly i have no love for the Ruger 45 or ANY colt 45 that comes from the factory, but every llama 45 out of the box has always shot straight and reliable for me.

and they are cheaper than ANY brand that i would ever consider carrying.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously?!.......I had an older model Llama .45 once. After a couple times shooting, the factory mags went to h#ll and I couldn't find replacement mags anywhere. I liked the ergonomics of it and it shot well - but I wouldn't want another one - esp. considering how impossible it was to get spare parts, etc. If you are happy - thats cool - keeping in mind of course is this a weapon you can bet your life on?

Since then I've owned a S&W semiauto 9mm, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686, and a Beretta 92 FS all to be discarded (re. traded/sold) for some reason. I use Sig handguns now and would probably go with Kimber or another quality .45 manufacturer if I were to get into .45's again. that or a Sig P220.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah do not get an older llama they were junk i got one now that i keep around for conversation and that is it.

but i bought one 3 years ago, the commander style, and it is awesome, i mean it is not a kimber, but it is reliable, and accurate enough for combat, the only modification that i have done to it was put the slide in my vise, to tighten it up a bit, and put grip tape on the front strap, oh yeah behind the front sight also to cut out any glare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top