Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 12:50:31 PM EST
I have a CZ PCR that I keep at my bedside. I dropped the mag and went to rack the slide so I could extract the round in the chamber, but I could not. The slide comes back only slightly. Short of going to the range and shooting out the round what do you suggest I do to try and dislodge this jam? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:55:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 12:57:48 PM EST by _DR]
Find a large field, place the weapon in the field and call the ordnance disposal squad.

No but seriously, If unable to extract a live round, put it a case, make sure it is on safe, then call a gunsmith and ask him if you can bring it by. You can't get it out with a rod as it could go off. Short of sheer herculean effort in pulling the slide back, your only other option is to discharge, but considering it might be a bad cartridge case, I'm not sure I would want to do that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:56:15 PM EST
I'm not familiar with your pistol but is the safety on?

Did you try to put the magazine back in the gun?

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:57:30 PM EST
Silly question, but do you have the safety on? If so, turn it off and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:58:30 PM EST
I believe if it were mine, I would head for the nearest gunsmith and let him handle this potential accident waiting to happen. Not a good idea to be pushing something down a barrel to dislodge a stuck live round and possibly an even worse idea in trying to discharge it if something major is wrong with the action. Just one guy's opinion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:58:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 1:04:03 PM EST by Gunplay]
It’s got no safety, it’s a decocker. I tried putting the mag back in and the problem remains.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:00:26 PM EST
I guess it's gunsmith time, the round is most likely just stuck to the chamber wall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:08:27 PM EST
i would go shoot the live round.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:30:16 PM EST
Not familair with pistol but, can you disassemble it? Will the takedown let the slide off the frame?
Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:36:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 4:36:59 PM EST by kickmyllama]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:42:33 PM EST
lol. Tempting, very tempting, far more then it ough be.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:50:24 PM EST
i was serious in what i posted. why not shoot it out?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:52:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By simonsay:
Not familair with pistol but, can you disassemble it? Will the takedown let the slide off the frame?
Just a thought.

Sir, I am in your debt. Thank you. I had assumed I could not get the slide back far enough to remove the take down latch. But it turns out I could. I removed the slide and then the barrel, to find an out of speck cor-bon round (plus slightly dirty chamber) had caused the jam. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:53:11 PM EST
If you could disassemble it WITHOUT covering yourself, in a SAFE area where a discharge won't cause damage, you could break it down THEN use a rod to tap the round out from the muzzle. Inspect the cartridge AND the chamber... a little rust could cause a cartridge to lodge in the chamber.

If you're not comfortable, I'd go the gunsmith route.

In the future, you may not want to leave a round chambered for too long, again, because the rust factor. ;)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:48:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gunplay:

Originally Posted By simonsay:
Just a thought.

Sir, I am in your debt. Thank you. I had assumed I could not get the slide back far enough to remove the take down latch. But it turns out I could. I removed the slide and then the barrel, to find an out of speck cor-bon round (plus slightly dirty chamber) had caused the jam. Thanks again.

I'll e-mail you my address so you can send a cashiers check or money order.
Seriously though, I'm glad I could be of help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:18:08 PM EST
For future reference, here's an IPSC trick (where oversized reloaded ammo is a constant problem):

WITH GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION:

Hold the gun by the slide with your weak hand.

Hit the grip hard with your strong hand, like you were grabbing it.

The round should pop out.
Top Top