User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 5:47:33 AM EDT
Came across a deal with a glock 30, so like to hear some opinions  before
i buy it..
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I sold all my other handguns....one by one.My 30 did just about everything better except it wasn't good when I tried to suppress it..I just buy rifles now
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't say a bad word about mine, Glock 21 mags with A&G grip extensions 13 rounds of .45 goodness!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Love em,  more controllable than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The glock 30 sf is my favorite handgun. Compact, easy to conceal, pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Came across a deal with a glock 30, so like to hear some opinions  before
i buy it..
Thanks

It's my carry piece. As mentioned when you add the A&G piece it makes the G30 into a full size weapon.
My g30 is probably the most accurate handgun I own.

If it is a good deal and comes with some extras you should get it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]
i really like my G30sf - shoot soft and is very accurate.  I think they are great pistols.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
waiting for the guy to get back to me to get it..
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one and it is a great gun.  It eats everything that I feed it and goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]
G30 < G29... but only just barely
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
love my 30sf
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have one and it is a great gun.  It eats everything that I feed it and goes bang every time.

+1
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Im really pleased with my 30SF. The 30 was a little too big for my hands.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't say a bad word about mine...

Quoted:
Love em,  more controllable than I was expecting.

Quoted:
The glock 30 sf is my favorite handgun. Compact, easy to conceal, pleasure to shoot.

Quoted:
i really like my G30sf - shoot soft and is very accurate.  I think they are great pistols.

Quoted:
love my 30sf

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 3:56:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a 30SF also, and love it, best stock trigger and accuracy of all my Glocks. I'm not a very big guy (6', 165) It's like putting a brick on your hip, pretty heavy when fully loaded with them big, fat, 45's. I carry a 23C everyday.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I have had mine for almost 14 years, and it is still my go to gun.  She ain't pretty anymore, as the finish is pretty beat up, but she just got new night sights, and she goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.  A teenager that listens, go figure?!?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a bit late to the party, but here's my .02 worth:

I bought one right after they were first announced (~1995, IIRC), brand new on the market. This is something I never do, as I normally prefer to see what shakes out before I buy. In this case, I still have the pistol and carry it nearly every day. It is one of my most accurate and softest shooting .45's, and has never failed to go "bang" when I pull the trigger on a loaded chamber.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I got one about a month ago and have not had the opportunity to shoot it

I was planning on going today but I have a bad cold and it aint going to happen...
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Only thing better than a 30SF, a custom chrome 30SF!!

Heinie Ledge for Glock sights
Street action job that also sweetened the trigger
Barrel throat and polish
Work done by www.apwcogan.com
I like mine with a Hogue HandAll palmswell and nine round mags for a compact, pinkie-under, tennis ball-like grip
If I get another, maybe a 30, I may take it fully to a bright mirror finish like the 26 (not mine) below

Dave in FL
"evil is not overcome by fleeing from it" - Jeff Cooper

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/unilineartuba/Glock/IMG_0320.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/unilineartuba/126c5221.png
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
How was that slide done? Stripped and polished, or is it chrome, nickel, etc?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I sent my Glock in to the shop brand new. I imagine it was stripped. The finish is chrome. Matte on top, brushed on sides. Chrome has a natural lubricity and is very easy to clean with a little oil. I got rid of my other pistols, including a 36. I knew I would keep this one so I decided to do some customizing. Has a Glock extended slide lock.I ordered with stock sights knowing I would replace with Heinie. My Ledge sights are awesome green, two dot night sights. The front is a bit bigger. The rear is a wide notch for fast acquisition and is serrated. It comes to the rear of the slide, which I really like. The rear is meant to catch an edge - shoe, corner, pocket... To aid in one handed jam clearings. Some pros have to drill and test doing just that. I don't know if the smith changed out the connector but the trigger was cleaned up with the action job. I like it. Also throated and polished the feed ramp. He says he comps all his Glocks and shooting .45 is no fun but I didn't go for that. Comps are dirty, loud, and reduce velocity - even if only by the 8-10% he claims. If you really want to comp your Glock, goto www.rockyourglock.com. Their design looks the closest to stock, but I have no feedback on their work. Compared to the 36 recoil is very tame. Accurate as hell too. It did just about double the purchase price

The 26 is not mine, just giving an example of a bright "mirror" finish. I like it too. Don't know why he didn't do the barrel, would have made clean up easier. His is matte with bright sides. The more it's polished, the more you'll cry when you get a little scratch. I may get a 30 like that with no rail and only take it out on date night.

Dave in FL
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't own a 30, but I have shot a few and they are nice.  Easy to shoot and accurate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't say a bad word about mine...

Quoted:

Love em, more controllable than I was expecting.

Quoted:

Quoted:

i really like my G30sf - shoot soft and is very accurate. I think they are great pistols.

Quoted:

love my 30sf

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Ditto!!!

Best .45 ACP that I have ever owned!!!!

GTG!

wrightone: How do you do the multi-quote thing in one post!!!!!!!! I Wish I could do that!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
wrightone: How do you do the multi-quote thing in one post!!!!!!!! I Wish I could do that!!!

Just a lot of copy and paste.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sent my Glock in to the shop brand new. I imagine it was stripped. The finish is chrome. Matte on top, brushed on sides. Chrome has a natural lubricity and is very easy to clean with a little oil.

Ah, gotcha. I'm gathering up refinishing options for after I cut some front cocking serrations.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I was contemplating an NP3 dip but it's pretty expensive and comes out a dull grey. It also has a slippery texture. If I was expecting sand and water it would pay, even enough to do the internals. Otherwise the internal parts are long lasting and cheap enough to replace...

Check out www.apwcogan.com and read up on their refinishing options.

They used to be local to me and were highly recommended by my dealer, they did my custom and chrome work. They have colored Cerakote, black chrome, and can do camo and even a new snakeskin print! That would be so hot on your custom slide. I wonder if they could cut your serrations too? Worth a call or email. Good luck.

Dave in FL
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was contemplating an NP3 dip but it's pretty expensive and comes out a dull grey. It also has a slippery texture. If I was expecting sand and water it would pay, even enough to do the internals. Otherwise the internal parts are long lasting and cheap enough to replace...

Check out www.apwcogan.com and read up on their refinishing options.

They used to be local to me and were highly recommended by my dealer, they did my custom and chrome work. They have colored Cerakote, black chrome, and can do camo and even a new snakeskin print! That would be so hot on your custom slide. I wonder if they could cut your serrations too? Worth a call or email. Good luck.

Dave in FL

Thanks, I'll check with 'em. I do have to be somewhat subtle, though. This is my duty weapon, has to be reasonably conservative. Might be able to get away with digital camo, though
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Carry a G30SF everyday on duty (detective) and love it.  Have a G21 mag as a backup with me and I am as ready as any patrol guy with firepower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top