Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/14/2016 9:55:23 PM EDT
Looking for a light to attach to my G19 FDE and my G26.

Thouhts? Recommendations or ones to stay away from?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:18:41 PM EDT
I have a Surefire X300 on my 17. 600 lumens.

Would recommend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2016 10:54:05 PM EDT by fuzzy03cls]
All I have are the older X300's. They work fine for me & are plenty bright. And the batteries last as they aren't the mini sun versions. Have them on a G17, G22 & G41
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:53:18 PM EDT
TLR1 HL for the 19 and TLR 6 for the 26
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:08:16 PM EDT
Do you have an explicit purpose?

Ive had TLRs, x300s and APLs. There's something to be said for all of them but my personal applications now are
APL= for carry
TLR-1/x300= for home/ overt

I love the paddles of the apl but the battery life hasnt been as good for me. My x300 and x300u are both super bright and nice, but i dont like their activation as much. The various tlr-1s ive had are all great and the activation method is pretty simple.

It should be said that you will probably have to get a light for each gun as they don't both have rails. Makes for different options.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:34:16 AM EDT
Can't comment on the G26.

I'm a fan of the TLR-1s. Primary arms has them for $89.99. I use them on my 17 and 19's.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/15/2016 1:49:45 AM EDT by Everythingisawesome]
I EDC my G19 with a TLR-1s. It's a great light, especially in the newer TLR-1 versions with a bit higher output (I disable the strobe). Most people wouldn't want that much bulk IWB, however. It's not a lot of bulk, just more than most people are willing to conceal. Totally possible, though.

For durability and bright enough to be useful, TLR series or X300 series.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:52:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:09:10 AM EDT
I carry a Surefire x300u daily on my G19. Yes its a long light, and may be uncomfortable depending on how and where you carry. For my work I am out in the dark every day so I need a dependable, high-output light that I can trust.

I have streamlights that I use, but never tried the HLR series for a handgun. I carry a handheld from them and have their new rail mount rifle light, with no issues out of either of them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:33:11 AM EDT
Inforce APL
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:34:59 AM EDT
Try the Surefire X300U with the DG switch. You owe it to yourself.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:21:42 AM EDT
TLR1 HL on G19

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:29:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/15/2016 11:30:39 AM EDT by Ianq]
Depends on what you want to use it for?

Surefire X300 series and Streamlight TLR-1's are very good.

I am getting a X300U for my G34. It will be my range / home gun.

I have a Surefire XC1 on my G19. It is the perfect size for when I CC my G19. I had a TLR-1HL on it, but it was too big for me for CC. If it was just going to be in a OWB holster, then I'd go back to a X300 or TLR-1.

For your G26, you are going to be pretty limited. Probably a TLR-6. Personally, I don't run lights on guns that small, but that's just me. I have a friend who has a TLR-6 and likes it.

I also have 1-2 handheld lights on me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:06:09 PM EDT
I carry a G19 with an XC1 the TLR1 I have is little large.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:54:08 PM EDT
TLR-1 HL all the way; best value, excellent warranty (if you'll ever need it), built like a brick shithouse, excellent beam (spot and flood). I absolutely love mine. It resides on my G17.4 majority of the time, but can be put on my G19.4 with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:26:07 PM EDT
Another vote for TLR-1 HL.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 7:38:10 PM EDT
TLR1 HL all the way. I don't think it can be beat for value/performance. " />
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:47:15 PM EDT
I'm interested in trying the xc1. My hangup is I haven't found a light bearing holster that actually conceals well.

I like my SF x300 and x300U. The dg grip switch is a must.

It would be nice to have a dg style switch for the xc1. If it takes two hands to light and shoot, id rather just carry ab separate light.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:55:09 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By unpleasant:
I'm interested in trying the xc1. My hangup is I haven't found a light bearing holster that actually conceals well.

It would be nice to have a dg style switch for the xc1. If it takes two hands to light and shoot, id rather just carry ab separate light.
View Quote

I use the RCS Morrigan and my Brother in Law uses the Incog. I like the XC 1 a lot, but for a house gun or one that will be carried OWB, the X300 series is tough to beat. I had a TLR1 crap the bed with under 50 rounds shot through it and streamlight gave me crap trying to do the warranty so I have been a loyal SF guy since.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:09:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

I use the RCS Morrigan and my Brother in Law uses the Incog. I like the XC 1 a lot, but for a house gun or one that will be carried OWB, the X300 series is tough to beat. I had a TLR1 crap the bed with under 50 rounds shot through it and streamlight gave me crap trying to do the warranty so I have been a loyal SF guy since.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That sucks about the warranty. I had my TLR1 lens and bulb broken by a SIM round. Streamlight mailed me a new one without any hassle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:25:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2016 3:28:45 AM EDT by TheMercenary]
I have several TLR units and a X300U-A

For outdoors the X300 is amazing, the beam is well focused, and the light is a crisp white. The only negative for the X300 is indoors the splash is murder on your eyes, it's just too bright for indoor work IMHO. I keep a TLR-1s (non HL) on my duty pistol for this reason, even though I own much brighter options it's the perfect amount of light for clearing houses and not completely obliterating your night vision. I have been working nights for the past 3 years, and I use my WML several times a week.

I also like the activation of the TLR units better, and the contour switches don't cost a fortune.

I really like the XC1 concept, but hate the controls. That's the only reason I have not purchased one yet.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:50:47 AM EDT
Bought a TLR-1s because I wanted the strobe feature. It's my first handgun light. I really like it on my 19
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:10:14 PM EDT

View All Quotes

I like my G-Code INCOG ..... been carrying it for several months now. I thought about the Bravo concealment DOS-L but it just came out and I did not want to wait for it. I really like the fuzzy on the holster as well it really does make a significant difference.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:20:21 PM EDT
The incog just didn't sit low or tight enough compared to my mtac. I also didn't want to appendix carry.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:47:10 PM EDT
The incog just didn't sit low or tight enough compared to my mtac. I also didn't want to appendix carry.
View Quote

Same here.... then I got different length clips and spent a good hour adjusting the clips till it was just right.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:42:12 AM EDT
Anything wrong with a TLR 3 for a night stand gun? They seem to have good reviews and only $75.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:53:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JMan77:
Anything wrong with a TLR 3 for a night stand gun? They seem to have good reviews and only $75.
View Quote

better than nothing. I'd use one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:24:57 PM EDT

View All Quotes

When was this? I had a TLR1 HL that was a lemon out of the box. Sent it back, they sent me a new one. It's been 100% since then (I made sure to test it, repeatedly before I kept it).
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:26:07 PM EDT
View Quote

For about $25 more, you can get something that actually has enough brightness to be awesome. The only reason to get a TLR3 is if you want a smaller size for carry. Otherwise, brighter is better.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:45:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fla556guy:

For about $25 more, you can get something that actually has enough brightness to be awesome. The only reason to get a TLR3 is if you want a smaller size for carry. Otherwise, brighter is better.
View All Quotes

Its funny that a lot of the reviews are saying that it's bright enough but I guess the TLR1 is just going to be even brighter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:57:25 PM EDT
XC1 if you want a flush muzzle fit, X300 if you do not mind it sticking out past the muzzle of the G19.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:08:56 PM EDT

Its funny that a lot of the reviews are saying that it's bright enough but I guess the TLR1 is just going to be even brighter.
View All Quotes

I carry a TLR3 on my g19 and set up most of my family with the same. It's plenty bright for concealed carry and at the farm. I mainly went with it over the TLR1 due to size and weight, plus it only uses 1 battery. I guess brighter is better but I got my buddy to shine my TLR3 at me (off the gun of course) and I couldn't see crap for a while
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:40:59 PM EDT
TLR-1 HL for all my railed handguns.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:50:33 PM EDT
interesting read
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:01:52 PM EDT

When was this? I had a TLR1 HL that was a lemon out of the box. Sent it back, they sent me a new one. It's been 100% since then (I made sure to test it, repeatedly before I kept it).
View All Quotes

Had to be around 2009. I bought it for my G35 that I was carrying while driving armored car, quit that gig in '09 and sold the G35 in '10.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:09:31 PM EDT
I run streamlight trl1s on my Sig 1911 and Glock 23 no problem from either at this moment. Also run a Surefire x300 on my Glock 19. I prefer the Surefire cause it's newer and brighter than my streamlight. I'd recommend either for a home defense/CCW pistol
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:26:08 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Also much easier to find a holster
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT

View All Quotes

That's probably reason enough to get the TLR1!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:16:52 PM EDT
I run TLR-1s for my G19.
TLR-6 for my G26
TLR-3 for my SA XDS

TLR-1s/G19 works fine for my home defense purposes. Sturdy, bright and easy to manipulate. I also use a TLR-1s on my primary AR pistol HD gun for a simple light setup with momentary/constant on. Plenty bright for indoor use.
TLR-3/XDS My primary summer carry gun. Very compact, but I sacrifice light output.
TLR-6/G26 My primary winter carry gun. Very compact, decent light output considering its very small size. Light lens is smaller than the TLR-3. Has a red laser, but I could went without it. There are not many other lights available for the G26 due to it's lack of a rail.
Top Top