Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:10:46 PM EDT
I am buying a 642 tomorrow and plan to let my wife shoot and carry it. She has no problems with my GLOCK 19, but I know the little lightweight .38s can be pretty snappy with some ammo. I would like to use the lightest kicking factory load available until she can build some confidence with the weapon. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am buying a 642 tomorrow and plan to let my wife shoot and carry it. She has no problems with my GLOCK 19, but I know the little lightweight .38s can be pretty snappy with some ammo. I would like to use the lightest kicking factory load available until she can build some confidence with the weapon. Any suggestions?

Wadcutter loads are usually the lightest.  They don't work so well if you're trying to get in practice with the speedloader too.

mm
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
38spls thru a S&W 64x is pretty light recoil.  I have shot factory 38spls thru my S&W 640, it is not that bad.  But then, I have a S&W 342PD 38spl with Ti cylinder, the recoil is pretty snappy even with factory wadcutters.  For extended shooting for the 342PD, I had to hand load the ammo, otherwise....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I immediatly stuck a Hogue grip on mine. The stubby grip that comes on it is horrible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
look for "cowboy loads".
they are usualy lead or semi jacketed and downloaded for cowboy action shooters.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I immediatly stuck a Hogue grip on mine. The stubby grip that comes on it is horrible.

Didi you get a Hogue that covers the backstrap? It seems like they would seriously compromise concealability.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didi you get a Hogue that covers the backstrap? It seems like they would seriously compromise concealability.

I use it as a BUG 99% of the time on a ankle holster.
The original little grip was really awkward for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top