Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:22:03 PM EST
Yeah, I'm finally taking the plunge and getting an HK. Friend of mine has a USP Tac in .45, he let me fire it, I really liked it. So I'm making payments on one now. 'Nuff said.

Now then, I figure since I'm going to plop a significant chunk of money down on this pistol, I might as well get all the toys I might want, or tools I might have a use for, depending on how you want to look at it. Me, I think they're tools. Might not always need them, but they're damn nice to have if you ever DO. "Better to have it and not need it...." and all that.

Anyway, I'm going to get a suppressor for it, at some point. Whether the sheriff (who I used to work for, so I know him fairly well) signs off on the Form 1 or I end up going the trust route remains to be seen, but I WILL have a suppressor for this.

I'm also thinking of a light and laser. (It's my pistol, I work for the money, I'll dress it up how I want. )

What's a good light and laser for this pistol? If possible, I'd like something that would still allow me to fit it in this holster.

So make some suggestions, please.

Keep in mind, while I'm not lo-o-o-o-ad-eddddd, I'm more concerned with quality than price. A few hundred, maybe 4 or 5 even, isn't going to kill me. But I was looking for this stuff via Google, and when I saw one that was $44.95, I figure it can't be very good, so I closed the window right quick.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:09:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2007 7:09:56 PM EST by dave3533]
I've been very happy with the Laser Devices BLAST (version 1):

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/dave3533/USPTactical02.jpg

I also have an Insight M6, and the BLAST is far and above built better in my opinion. The BLAST is now version 2 which is smaller and rounded. I like the large LAM unit look so I'm ok with the older style. The laser emitted from the BLAST is also leaps ahead of the M6 in terms of brightness.

I really don't carry my Tac holstered with the light attached, but I think a few holster makers have a holster that fits the Tac with the Surefire x200 illuminator attached.

You'll also want a thread protector or muzzle device, I'd get either one from ccfa.com, you'll get good service.

Hope this helps,
Ð
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:51:58 AM EST
That's the same light & laser that I was looking at last night. Good to know it's worth the $500+.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top