Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2009 3:50:17 PM EDT

If I wanted to put a light on the rail,
what are the choices. I was surprised
to see that Ruger does not have one
listed on the web site as an accessory...

Thanks!

John

Link Posted: 12/26/2009 8:20:10 AM EDT
I have a Streamlight TLR-3 on my SR-9. I really liked the TLR-3 because of its lighter weight and the fact that it doesn't protrude that far from underneath the barrel like some other lights. Also, the TLR-3 comes with different "keys" that allow it fit on a variety of rails and the price is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 12/26/2009 6:46:17 PM EDT
Thanks JBE!

I'll look at those.

And welcome aboard!

John

Link Posted: 12/27/2009 4:17:07 AM EDT
Thanks for the welcome. Not sure how much of a hurry you are in to purchase the light but i can get you some pics of mine with the light on it (I have the all-black SR-9). However, I won't be able to take them until I get home from offshore this coming Thurs. Only real complaint with the set-up is that the TLR-3 doesn't sit all the way back against the trigger guard - there is a space (It's more of an aesthetics issue to me). Even with the space I am still comfortably able to reach the light switch with my index finger of my left hand when using a two-hand grip (I'm a right-handed shooter). Also, forgot to mention that the TLR-3 does have a momentary on/off feature as well as a continous-on setting - another big plus IMO - and that the switch is ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 4:10:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JBE:
Thanks for the welcome. Not sure how much of a hurry you are in to purchase the light but i can get you some pics of mine with the light on it (I have the all-black SR-9). However, I won't be able to take them until I get home from offshore this coming Thurs. Only real complaint with the set-up is that the TLR-3 doesn't sit all the way back against the trigger guard - there is a space (It's more of an aesthetics issue to me). Even with the space I am still comfortably able to reach the light switch with my index finger of my left hand when using a two-hand grip (I'm a right-handed shooter). Also, forgot to mention that the TLR-3 does have a momentary on/off feature as well as a continous-on setting - another big plus IMO - and that the switch is ambidextrous.

Any luck with taking some pictures?
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 8:21:01 AM EDT

Oops....I had so many things on my plate after being out for two weeks when I got home that I completely forgot. I back out again. Go back in in 5 days. If someone would drop me a reminder so I don't forget I'd appreciate it. You'd be surprised how much stuff accumulates while you're gone for two weeks and how much stuff you have to catch up on when you get back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 5:04:22 AM EDT
Do you have a holster to use
with the light in place?

Thanks!

John

Link Posted: 1/23/2010 6:21:27 AM EDT
No...no holster...sorry. Would like to find one myself that will work with the light attached. I do have my eyes on a nice little Blackhawk carry case at a local dealer though for use at the range.

Link Posted: 2/14/2010 2:08:52 PM EDT
I've got a Insight M3 on my SR9 and I like it....now if I could just find a holster.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 7:10:34 AM EDT
As promised...better late than never...

Ruger SR-9 with Streamlight TLR-3

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/jesthay/IMG_0851.jpg
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 10:16:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JBE:
As promised...better late than never...

Ruger SR-9 with Streamlight TLR-3

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/jesthay/IMG_0851.jpg

good choice of weapon light in fact thats the same one i'm looking at for my ruger p95
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:57:29 AM EDT

Here's my SR9 with the Insight M3
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:51:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aberdrew13:
I've got a Insight M3 on my SR9 and I like it....now if I could just find a holster.....

Nice light...I like the way it looks on your SR-9 (even though I don't care for the polished SS slide ). I found some holsters by Fobus that they claim will fit an SR-9 with a light attached. I'll try and get the links up for them later.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:36:33 PM EDT
I've ended up making my own holster with Kydex.....It was nice because I was able to make it MOLLE attachable.

Of course, a professionally done one may be nice too!

BTW, Kydex and all attachment pieces came from Knifekits.com
Top Top