Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2007 7:06:25 PM EDT
store.thewilderness.com/product_info.php?products_id=374&osCsid=48d859101943219e3e5e9acd8c63aa77

www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=16

I need a decent gun belt that won't look to tactical but provide good support and not droop or twist. Looking at these. Anyone use them? Any others I should look at?

S.O.
Link Posted: 7/11/2007 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilderness 5 stitch fan here.
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the kydex belt from Looper Leather.  It's a leather belt with a kydex insert for $30 guaranteed not to droop.  Looper Leather kydex belt.
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Liger belt....

If you need a size 36, I have one in the package. Dumb morons at Botach sent the wrong size
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsmans Warehouse has some nice sturdy , normal looking belts for decent prices. Badger is the name. i use it for my CCW. Nice and stiff and all 100% leather( I think).
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Wil IB
Link Posted: 7/12/2007 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the liger, works great.
Link Posted: 7/14/2007 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it but the Wilderness one SCREAMS tactical. A friend of mine has one that was issued to him by the FLNG. He bought a better one and wears the issued one to work. Also, all the trainers where I work wear them.

Having said that and this being ARFcom....get both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/14/2007 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I wear a wildeness 5 stitch at work and it supports all my duty gear just fine. At home I carry a Glock (19 or 34) or a Sig 229 and a spare mag or two and it rocks.  I like the look of leather but the comfort and stability have one me over. It's easily my favorite belt.
Erick
ETA I wear my gear under a untucked T-shirt or button down shirt, so nobody really get's a look at it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2007 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The Liger is a great belt. I prefer it to the rigger styles like the wilderness. It supports a holster extremely well and doesn't get grimy like the web style belts can.
My two cents worth.
Link Posted: 7/14/2007 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a fan of the Wilderness 3 stitch with Kydex insert. YMMV
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad you posted this cause I'm in the same boat as you are, looking for a gun belt that looks like a normal belt. I heard very good things about the Wilderness Instructors belt with 5 stitch, but i think it will just stand out with my regular type clothes (usually shorts, t-shirt or polo). The liger looks pretty nice, but i dont know how good that hook design buckle is. Any one got pics of then wearing the liger??
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 2:58:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I own both belts, no pics - but my 2 cents worth;

The Wilderness doesn't look like a normal belt with casual clothes, and neither does the Liger. The hook style is different than the casual belt styles you see. I'm not sure how many peole would notice the hook buckle, but I feel it is more of a uniform style of look. I wear my shirts untucked when in casual attire so it's not too big of a deal then. I have gravitated towards the Liger most of the time for casual wear. I tend to use the wilderness when I'm heading to the range.

When wearing a tucked in shirt I have used other more tradtional belts. I just ordered a new belt from "The Beltman" for those occasions - my other gunbelts are 1 1/2" or larger so I ordered a 1 1/4" with a velcro lining from his website. I always like to look as normal as possible and have always felt funny switching to the thicker belt in dressier clothes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#13]
If I'm wearing a tucked shirt, I'm not usually carrying OWB or IWB, so "tactical looking" doesn't matter.
I've recently discovered that an OWB holster conceals just as easily under an untucked shirt as an IWB, and it's significantly more comfortable.

I have a very nice Don Hume gun belt, but I get frustrated trying to get it buckled on the correct hole.
It's hard to hit that "sweet spot" where it's not too tight, but still holds my gun and pants up.
Pants of different sizes or thickness, me being 1 lb. heavier or lighter than I was last week , etc.

I picked up a Galco 5 stitch, which looks just like the Wilderness, only a little cheaper.
Haven't worn it much, but so far I really like it.
It's much easier to get comfortable with the "cinch style" buckle, than with the standard pin and hole approach.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I do not have any of the 2.  I do have a 511 1.5" 5 stitch that I love (less than 30.00 otd).  I would prob have to 2 say the wilderness.  I do not tuck in my shirts unless I have 2.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Liger is a great belt.

It may be a great belt, but i prefer to use it for it's magic skills. That's what it was bred for.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#16]
glad this topic was posted... i came here to do the same.  curious if anyone else has an opinion on the liger belt.  any pics wearing it would be helpful too...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top