Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2012 9:56:01 AM EST
So what's the current opinion of these guys? I bought mine a few months ago and my research should that they had some issues in the past but they were GTG at that time. I'm mostly happy with mine but I've heard more recent rumors that they are on some shit lists again. I haven't seen much of anything here, but I guess maybe Sniper's Hide or Lightfighter or somebody is pissed?

Personally, my PPQ holster itself is pretty sweet. I'm not impressed with their website set up or ordering process. It feels like it was written and designed by a 3rd grader.

One of my IWB J clips broke in half the other day. Just sitting in the movie theater. I get the idea that it's not covered under any kind of warranty so I just order a new set. No biggie, it's like 11 bucks shipped. But I get an email today complaining about how super backed up they are and it will likely be weeks before they get to processing my order. Wtf?

Anyway they still seem to be doing plenty of business even if their reputation has taken some hits.

Anybody else have experience with them?
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 3:19:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By JA_Magnum:
So what's the current opinion of these guys? I bought mine a few months ago and my research should that they had some issues in the past but they were GTG at that time. I'm mostly happy with mine but I've heard more recent rumors that they are on some shit lists again. I haven't seen much of anything here, but I guess maybe Sniper's Hide or Lightfighter or somebody is pissed?

Personally, my PPQ holster itself is pretty sweet. I'm not impressed with their website set up or ordering process. It feels like it was written and designed by a 3rd grader.

One of my IWB J clips broke in half the other day. Just sitting in the movie theater. I get the idea that it's not covered under any kind of warranty so I just order a new set. No biggie, it's like 11 bucks shipped. But I get an email today complaining about how super backed up they are and it will likely be weeks before they get to processing my order. Wtf?Anyway they still seem to be doing plenty of business even if their reputation has taken some hits.

Anybody else have experience with them?

I've never ordered from them. Currently waiting on a light bearing holster from Bravo concealment. That is ridiculous that it will take weeks for them to get replacement clips out to you. I just ordered some from Raven a few weeks ago and they had them to my door 5 days from the time I placed the order, and Raven is not exactly known for fast shipping.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 2:37:21 AM EST
I could understand a new holster taking a bit, but new clips should just be throwing an assembly part in an envelope.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 6:38:14 AM EST
Well because I'm a pain in the ass, I sent off an email expressing my displeasure about the situation. I actually got a pretty quick response. It stated that the first email I got was just a standard form they send out to everyone that places an order. But they always keep clips in stock and that mine should be shipping shortly. I guess we'll see.

I really want to like this company and would like to order more from them in the future. I guess I'll just wait and see how long it takes to get me the new clips. It just seems that if they've grown as big and busy as they claim, they could use some systematic changes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 1:40:45 PM EST
I've had two orders where the accessories weren't in stock and had to be shipped a few weeks later. Once was for MOLLE clips and the other for IWB clips. Overall shopping experience with Cal Sent has been alright. The holsters are good stuff.

I'm actually looking into Off the Grid Concepts for my next holster purchase.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:23:46 PM EST
They aren't worth your time in my opinion. I had a very bad experience with that company. They took my money and after waiting more than double the wait time I was quoted (and what was promised on their website) they sent me the wrong holster. It was majorly wrong, not only made for the wrong gun but also for a right-handed shooter when I'm a southpaw. When I contacted them about the error, which I was very polite about, I got nothing but bad attitude. I was told that they are busy and they don't have time to deal with "citizens" and that I "don't even have a clue about whom they make holsters for". I once again politely reminded him that this was not my error and had copies of my order slip etc. and that this was not my fault and I expected them to correct their mistake and make my holster they owed me immediately to only get a response that they "are refusing to make me a holster because it wouldn't mitigate the situation". No wonder they have an F rating with the BBB. BUYERS BEWARE! Their are many other companies out there that make a better product at a fraction of the cost with real customer service.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 3:05:28 PM EST
I got mine from on the EE. I've been happy with it. If the clips break I'm sure I could make a new one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 2:42:37 PM EST
I have one of their light bearing holsters. Its a nice holster, a little too bulky compared to other competitors offerings. They have a terrible website and quite the arrogant attitude about how they do business. They seem to have the attitude that we have a popular product (kydex, pancake style holster) and will treat you however we want. Too many other companies now creating the same product with a better attitude.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:02:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Navyguns45:
I have one of their light bearing holsters. Its a nice holster, a little too bulky compared to other competitors offerings. They have a terrible website and quite the arrogant attitude about how they do business. They seem to have the attitude that we have a popular product (kydex, pancake style holster) and will treat you however we want. Too many other companies now creating the same product with a better attitude.

This is all very true and the K.C. web site is a mess. I can also see from the text on it that you might assume some kind of pompous asshole is at the wheel. Nevertheless, I like their products and own three, finding them perfectly functional and of superior construction as far as "building" a kydex holster is concerned.

I expect they will soon be overtaken, as the post above notes, if only because their web site is oddly tough to use. They need to fire the designer and I bet their sales would improve.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:19:36 PM EST
In the past few months I've bought from another Kydex holster manufacturer and saw one flaw/problem with the Calculated Sentience Kaluban Cloak, cant. The two Kaluban Cloak holsters I have were ordered as straight drop or 0 degrees of cant, but really the gun sits in the holster with a slight forward cant. The holster is then adjusted on the mounting holes within the belt loops. I see a small advantage to this as far as allowing the user to fine tune the way the gun sits on the belt. I was looking at using Malice clips straight from the holster to mount the holster on my belt rig, but because of the angle of the holster, it will require modifying and offsetting the Malice clips to sit right. Yes, Malice clips are cheaper than the holster, but all I wanted was no cant from the beginning. Yes, there is a MOLLE attachment system for the Kaluban Cloak holsters (which I did purchase at first) but it requires the progressive belt loops, makes the platform wider and take up more MOLLE real estate, and pushes the holster out and away from the body.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:44:22 PM EST
I had a few of them, and I liked them when I had them. Although the Kydex that they used seemed thin. I could actually bend the holster with little force.

I ended up buying an OTG (off the grid concept holste) and I love his holsters. He is out of san diego and has a 3 week wait or you can pay to have it made faster. You can get different combinations in colors and stuff like that. His hexcut stuff looks awesome. He has great customer service too. I ordered a hoslter and it took almost a month and half and when I emailed him, he sent me a hoslter and an extra pace clips and some other accesories for the holster. His website is a little difficult at first, but those are the only kydex holsters i order.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:34:00 PM EST
I bought one when he first popped up on Lightfighter. It was nice enough, but Raven is better. I don't care who he makes his holsters for, if your customer service is as bad as he has demonstrated, especially in the LF thread, then fuck him. I'll send my cash to a company that appreciates "citizens" using their gear.
Top Top