Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 10:01:19 AM EDT
This is my Premeire II, its got about 60-70K rounds through her.

The rebuild consists of:

Fresh Kart barrel.

STI trigger.

Ed Brown; safety,ejector, oversize bushing, G.I. guide rod and plug,pin and spring rebuild kit, extended tactical mag release, and slide stop.

From MARS I got there ILAP Gen II MSH with integrated lanyard attachment with welded magwell.
Thanks Steve!

Dawson Precision sent their light rail with adaptor for a Surefire X200A.

Tyzk sent their linen micarta grips in a black with od green grains/layers.

The gun will eventulally be sent to Walter Birdsong for finishing.
O.D. green on the frame, black T everywhere else.

I can't decide if I should rip the Bomars off and install Novaks, what's your vote?

The bomars have dot/front, bar/rear tritium already.

It will be and "do everything" pistol...
Classes, plinking, carry...

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
60- 70K????

You da man!  

Does Novak make a replacement for the Bo-Mar cut?  I was not aware of one.  A regular Novak Lo-Mount has a much shorter cut from front to back than the Bo-Mar, and if they don't make a replacement, you may be SOL on that one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
If he's going to have it refinished anyway, he could probably have the Bomar cut welded and recut for Novaks if they don't have one that will fit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Neither Novak or Heinie make anything I want that fits the Bomar cut so...

Yea, it needs to be welded up and re-cut.

I'm having a hard time justifying it but...

What say you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends on the cost.  I know who I would send it to in Ga.  Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision does some awesome welding.  I guess you would have to weigh it against the cost of a new LBC slide.  Short of some rough duty use, I would feel quite fine with Bo-Mars, but that's me.  If I thought it would be used for military or LEO use, I would opt for something a little stronger.  YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top