Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 11:20:37 AM EDT
Does anyone here have any experience with the Lasermax Guide Rod?  I'm thinking of picking one up for my G30.  Are they worth it?  Are they hard to install?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a love hate relationship with all of mine. I have fired thousands of rds with the lasers installed.

Glocks a little heaver with laser installed.
If you shoot +P Or +P+ ammo the gun will tend to kick a little harder with the laser installed.

G26 shot 4” low at 21ft.

G19 shot right on the dot.

G17 shot right on the dot.

I shoot only +P+ ammo and all of the battery caps got worn and the guide rods started slipping off. No Lasermax supplier in the country carries the battery caps. I contacted Lasermax and they would only send me one replacement battery cap and I needed three. They sent it in an envelope for free and the cap arrived broken.

I now have three high brightness Lasermax lasers that I cannot use. Lasermax will not send me anymore battery caps and I have offered to pay them whatever they ask.

Not a happy Lasermax customer.

I once loved them and now I hate them.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had a lasermax on my 19 for almost 4 years now. I've had no problems at all. From what I under stood lasermax does not warranty the battery caps. You can buy them off there web site along with springs and batters fairly cheep.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
xFatboyx, Last year you could not buy them.

Please provide a link so I can replace mine.

Last year I contacted lasermax from their home page www.lasermax-inc.com I contacted every dealer in the country and none of them stock any or would order any battery caps. When I contacted Lasermax directly they would only send me one and said they don’t sell them because they don’t wear out.

I shoot only +P+ ammo and I can assure you that they do wear out.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope you dont think Iam making this up, but I really did order a new recoil spring battery cap and batteries about 2 months ago. I am trying to find out were I order them from. Everytime right now when I go to lasermax home page it will not let me go any futher. as soon as I find out I will let you know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
This isn't where I bought from but I did find this http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mycopshop/lms142.html   (sorry I dont know how to make it hot) if I find any place else I'll let you know
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
xFatboyx, You are right and thankfully so.

I just purchased three battery caps/buffers and three new batteries.

lasersightsusa.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi

Last year I had no luck finding these after a diligent search and now they are everywhere.

I was hoping you would prove me wrong and you did.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey no problem. I am glad you got the parts!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input, guys.  How big and bright is the dot?  Is it fairly easy to see?  Or is it really small?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
What activates the laser?  Is it tied to the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Sharkman, The dot is not that big but it’s easy to see indoors and in moderate outdoor light.

Not good for much in summer midday AZ sun though.

The lasers are more for my wife and kids than they are for me because I can hit anything I want without them.

On the other hand though the laser is very intimidating to BG’s and could give some shooters a little more confidence in a family hostage situation.

The last thing any BG wants to see is a red dot cross over their body and rest in a vital spot. For some it gives them reason to pause and think about a change in occupation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top