Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 8:35:11 PM EDT
What do you think of Lasermax in GLOCKs? What are the pros/cons if it? Thx.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Pros
1) Can be used with any holster
2) Easy to install

Cons
1) Laser flashes
2) Batteries are expensive and can not be found easily
3) If it does not shoot to POA you have to return it to the factory for adjustment.
4) Plastic cap(red) inside on the end is not very durable

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pros
1) Can be used with any holster
2) Easy to install

Cons
1) Laser flashes
2) Batteries are expensive and can not be found easily
3) If it does not shoot to POA you have to return it to the factory for adjustment.
4) Plastic cap(red) inside on the end is not very durable

I beg to differ with you cons:

1)  It flashes so it can be brighter without affecting batter power.  Comes down to personal preference.  I don't mind the flashing.
2)  They are kinda spendy, but they can be found at any Radio Shack.  Cost is not a big deal unless you have the laser on all the time.
3)  Personally, I never expect the laser to be dead on.  I have one on my CCW and at self-defense ranges, it's close enough.  IMHO.
4)  Mine hasn't broken yet...

That said, I have a LaserMax in my Glock 23.  I like it.  The only trouble I have is it sometimes gets activated when in a soft holster, and the damn thing totally failed when I fired it for the first time.  Called LaserMax, and after a brief troubleshooting session with the tech, they had me send it to them.  They completely replaced it, no questions asked.  Only cost to me was shipping it to them.  Even sent me a new set of batteries.  Service was excellent and almost completely made up for the failure.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll ask this question here since Lasermax hasn't replied to my email concerning this....

Are they waterproof?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll ask this question here since Lasermax hasn't replied to my email concerning this....

Are they waterproof?

Says nothing about being waterproof in my instruction manual.  The business end is sealed up pretty well, but the battery end would probably leak.  I seriously doubt the things are waterproof.  I already had to send mine back once.  I ain't using mine as a testbed...

You could call them too at:  1-800-527-3703
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one in my Glock 30.

Perhaps I need to replace the batteries, but the LaserMax is much, much dimmer than the Crimson Trace I have in my G33 and G23.

I think the flashing is a positive. You can QUICKLY locate the beam. But, if it is not as bright as the Crimson Trace, it is much harder to pick up.

Pressing the takedown lever, however, is not a very natural action for me.

I really like the Crimson Trace however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top