Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 9:14:29 AM EDT by pathfinder74]
Anyone in the know with this company and hear any rumors or anything that would indicate that they're going to make a fixed beam laser as opposed to the pulsating beam?

I'm not asking for people's opions on fixed v. pulsating. I've already heard both sides of that arguement. I simply want to know if LaserMax will be making on like this.

If not does anyone know of another company that makes a guide rod laser system that incorporated a fixed beam?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:04:11 AM EDT
You've probably seen this, but...

<<< From their website >>>
Increased Visibility
Scientific studies of the human visual system have confirmed that the human eye detects pulsating objects more quickly than constant objects. This is why emergency vehicle and navigation lights pulsate. The LaserMax beam pulsates for increased visibility by both the shooter and the targeted. Even in peripheral vision, you will always know where your muzzle is pointed. The benefits are well worth the extra expense we put into our electronics to make them pulsate!

Sounds like they are pretty well married to the pulsating-beam idea. (And you are by far NOT the only one I've heard complain about this, BTW.)

AFAIK, they are the only folks who make guide-rod lasers.

(Probably not much help but it keeps the conversation rolling...)

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HardShell:

<<< From their website >>>
Increased Visibility
Scientific studies of the human visual system have confirmed that the human eye detects pulsating objects more quickly than constant objects. This is why emergency vehicle and navigation lights pulsate. The LaserMax beam pulsates for increased visibility by both the shooter and the targeted. Even in peripheral vision, you will always know where your muzzle is pointed. The benefits are well worth the extra expense we put into our electronics to make them pulsate!

Sounds like they are pretty well married to the pulsating-beam idea. (And you are by far NOT the only one I've heard complain about this, BTW.)
AFAIK, they are the only folks who make guide-rod lasers.
(Probably not much help but it keeps the conversation rolling...)

I'm sure it's great for cop lights... and probably proven to work well wit the gun lasers, but I'd still rather have a fixed beam. Call me crazy. If the pulsating beam was the absolute final line in lasers for weapons then I would think everyone would be doing it. AFAIK LaserMax is the only company that does. Crimson Trace doesn't. Streamlight (M6) doesn't. Surefire doesn't (they call it a "contiuous beam"... fixed, continuous... you know what I mean).

Like I said... I'm not knocking their product... but my person preference for a laser is a "continuous" beam. I like the idea of having it "internal" to the gun though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 2:50:25 PM EDT by Stopdropnroll]
A constant beam laser is the choice of the US Military and many Law Enforcement agencies. A blinking laser is a distraction and is less visible. A side by side comparison is all you will need.

The pulsing beam is a crutch to extend battery life. LaserMax has limitations on how big of batteries it can use due to the size limitations of having the batteries being no bigger than the recoil rod. By blinking the beam they can extend the limited battery life to about 30 minutes.

Crimson Trace (2x 2032 lithiums) will do "constant on" for over 4 hours. A single CR123 laser will do almost 40 hours.

Hope this helps, SDnR ;)
Top Top