Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 6:15:12 PM EDT
Does anyone have/had one of these or shot one in .45 win mag?
If so how does the recoil compare to a .44 mag?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Heck yes! I traded it for an M1-A years ago (pre-ban) I regretted it ever since! It was as or more accurate that any .45 I ever shot. I cut the rubber from the front strap of the grip because it would leave skid marks! If I'm not mistaken, the .45 Winmag can be loaded with ACP dies too. Recoil was considerable, but worth it! The recoil spring took on a set rather quickly but other than that, I think it is the ultimate .45! I think they are no longer being made. They were made by a defense contractor, so I hear. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one...maybe this weekend at the local gunshow. Thanks for reminding me!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I saw one at a gunstore yesterday but didn't know much about it. They wanted under $600.00 it's used.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
$600, I would have considered it. As long as it is tight and not obviously beat up. I found one at a gunshow the other day...$1000 and it wasn't mint. Only one out of 800 tables. They used to sell various assemblies to change over to .45 ACP and other caliber conversions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm still thinking about it. The gunshop that has it is only open tuesday-thursday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Haggle with the gunshop...tell them they are no longer being made, ammo is expensive and hard to find, find a scratch...blah blah blah. Get some free ammo tossed in maybe too. Take the slide off the frame, same as 1911 to inspect. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top