Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 4:59:14 AM EDT
Hello one and all . . .

Now I know this question may have been ask a thousand times, but . . . . .

what about LEO marked mags after September 13 ? ?  

Can Joe Q. Public own these ? ?   I've "heard' that the BATF may declare "once LEO always LEO".  Think that could happen ? ? ?

Reason I'm asking is that I have found a few web-sites selling Glock mags, marked "LEO", and they will ship in the 14th, but don't want to spend my $$$$ if I can't use the mags  ! !   (will carry the mags in my G-19, one of my CCW's -- and don't want no trouble if I have to use it  ! ! )

Any opinions greatly appreciated  ! !

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
LEO should be ok, but as for me I will wait for the ones that don't have that stamp on them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W will be shipping new guns with high cap LE mags on Tuesday.Info came from a very large gun distributor.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hello one and all . . .

Can Joe Q. Public own these ? ?   I've "heard' that the BATF may declare "once LEO always LEO".  Think that could happen ? ? ?

Reason I'm asking is that I have found a few web-sites selling Glock mags, marked "LEO", and they will ship in the 14th, but don't want to spend my $$$$ if I can't use the mags  ! !   (will carry the mags in my G-19, one of my CCW's -- and don't want no trouble if I have to use it  ! ! )

No law means no law to enforce. The stampings mean nothing come the 13th.  I bought my USP Tac from a cop buddy, and he's been holding onto a bunch of LEO mags for me since May.  I'm getting a nice gift box come Monday
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hello one and all . . .

As a general rule, it is safe to assume that when you 'hear' something about a BATF 'interpretation' of a law that no longer exists, you need to find a new gun shop to hang out in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
S&W will be shipping new guns with high cap LE mags on Tuesday.Info came from a very large gun distributor.

Doya think they'll have them available on thier website?

[brewsky crosses his fingers]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
DUPE times a MILLION!

It's gonna be like this for months.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I talked to a major internet Glock parts company today, and they said for about the next 6 months, all you will likely see is the LEO branded stuff, at least with Glocks, as they have a stockpile.

I ordered 3 17 mags myself, $19.95 ea new in the wrapper, to be billed and shipped after monday!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's gonna be like this for months.

yup
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You know, I don't care...because I'm gonna buy all the brand-spanking-new Colt and Bushy LE-marked M4 mags I can break off the cash for.  The billies don't want 'em, it's no skin off my nose.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know, I don't care...because I'm gonna buy all the brand-spanking-new Colt and Bushy LE-marked M4 mags I can break off the cash for.  The billies don't want 'em, it's no skin off my nose.

Some of the reasons I will buy all the LEO/GOV'T branded stuff I can afford:

I'm a former LEO, so it's kind of sentimental
From a collectors standpoint, it's neat
The main reason is the literal translation:

A civilian in posession of a mag branded "LEO/GOV'T ONLY" translates into:

"FUCK YOU CLINTON/DIFI/BOXER/CHUCKY/SARAH"

At least to me
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
If it is stamped restricted and the ban is up, then it is not restricted.  The seller also has the obligation to sell the correct product to the consumer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top