Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2003 8:45:40 PM EDT

First off, I am a police officer and a SWAT team operator.  I have a stainless Para LDA 16.40 law enforcement version (bobbed hammer).  I've had the pistol for almost 2 years now, and have loved every minute of it....until :  I was getting ready for work one night and was checking my equipment.  I racked the slide on the LDA and dry-fired it.  When I racked the slide to the rear again, the Firing Pin Stop fell off the rear of the slide and on to the floor !!!  The firing pin had not reset.  I put the Firing Pin Stop back in place and pressed the plunger under the slide and the firing pin popped back in to place and held the Firing Pin Stop in place as it should.  I thought everything was OK, but I racked the slide several more times and the Firing Pin Stop fell out again.  I then sent the pistol back to Para for repair, which was very fast. I had the gun back in exactly 1 week, including shipping time.  I shot the gun approximately 150 more times, and the same problem  occured.  What the Hell ???  Has anyone heard of this before ??? How can it be fixed ??? I'm calling Para in the morning and demand a new slide at minimum and hopefully a new pistol.  That is rediculous !!! An $800 pistol that won't shoot after factory repair work.   Can you feel my pain ???
Let me hear from you 1911 people.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
My LDA LTD had its ambi safety fall off at 500 rds.  I must say Para's customer service was fast and excellent, fixed it ASAP.  1200 rds since then at 100%.  I am not sure I would use this as my carry piece, though.  It seems its popularity is mainly for organized shoots and for hi cap fans ( I love my 14 and 18 rd mags!!)
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If this is your primary gun or a favorite, you might consider some gunsmith work to improve trigger and feeding.  Teddy Jacobson (Actions by T) worked on mine and did wonderful things to its trigger crispness, as well as a reliability tuneup.  I highly recommend him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top