Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:29:21 AM EDT
I am looking into a LCP for pocket carry when dress doesn't allow my G30, and have read both the LCP and LC9 have long rough triggers.  I know Galloway Precision makes trigger upgrades for the LC9, they show a "Sweet pea" trigger upgrade to stop trigger bite on the LCP and list a SS guide rod and heavier springs in the future... Does anyone know of another company(s) that are doing mods for the LCP trigger?
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Either one is for "up close and personal".

I have one of each.  At the range you would use it and the circumstances you are most likely going to encounter, I would leave either alone.

Also, don't need a laser either as, again, both are meant for up close and personal defensive work.

Just my opinion and I have been carrying my LCP for at least a year.

Been carrying the LC9 more and more.
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose that's true enough, In the relatively few times Ill be carrying it as opposed to my glock It shouldn't be too big of an issue. I suppose I just like to tinker more than anything.  How do you like either?  Have both been reliable and relatively comfortable for you?
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I suppose that's true enough, In the relatively few times Ill be carrying it as opposed to my glock It shouldn't be too big of an issue. I suppose I just like to tinker more than anything.  How do you like either?  Have both been reliable and relatively comfortable for you?

No problems at all.  The LC9 is a little more noticeable, at least to me.

You need to get rid of that hand grenade.

Link Posted: 5/19/2012 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Haha I don't know that I'll ever get rid of my Glock. But I think the LCP will be a welcome addition to the family....worst case I just break down and buy both give the wife something to use for ammo
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haha I don't know that I'll ever get rid of my Glock. But I think the LCP will be a welcome addition to the family....worst case I just break down and buy both give the wife something to use for ammo

I have both and each serves the pocket carry purpose well, but I kinda like the LCP for that more because I forget that it's even there, it's that comfortable.

You could give her the LC9 to carry in her purse.

As for that other gun:

Link Posted: 5/19/2012 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's my LCP with custom work done by Robar. I'd really like a crimson trace on it but as said above, I think I would leave the trigger alone.

ETA: It's a bad picture, the finish looks much better in person.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both and each serves the pocket carry purpose well, but I kinda like the LCP for that more because I forget that it's even there, it's that comfortable.

You could give her the LC9 to carry in her purse.

As for that other gun:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/kaboom.jpg

Thats genius , nothing is a better excuse than "honey, I got you one too!"
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's my LCP with custom work done by Robar. I'd really like a crimson trace on it but as said above, I think I would leave the trigger alone.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/25chuck/Weapons/IMG_1468mod1-1.jpg

How much did the stippling run you if you don't mind me asking?  That looks good, and as said before I'm all about tinkering.  So the trigger isn't as big of an issue as some forums would have you believe?  I don't mind if its not perfect, but from what I read it was made to sound extremely terrible.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did the stippling run you if you don't mind me asking?  That looks good, and as said before I'm all about tinkering.  So the trigger isn't as big of an issue as some forums would have you believe?  I don't mind if its not perfect, but from what I read it was made to sound extremely terrible.

IIRC, the stippling and the NP3 was part of a Robar package called the "Norton Special". I think it was around $290 but I got in a few years ago before a price hike. In my opinion the trigger is long but not all that bad, however, the lack of usable sights has me shopping for a new back up gun.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think the trigger on my LCP is that bad.  Sure it's long, but I've shot worse.  About the only upgrade I did to mine was to put some neon green paint on that nearly non existent front sight!

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both an LCP and an LC9, and don't mind the trigger other than the long pull (I'm just used to 1911s).

I have heard that the triggers on both guns get better (as far as any grittiness) with the more rounds you put through them.

Having said that, I would advise against altering the trigger on anything used for personal defense.  A trigger job/smoothing would be ok, but drop in parts, especially ones that make the trigger pull lighter, are bad news IMHO.  Anything you change on a defensive gun, you may have to answer to in court.  I would prefer to not have a "tactical disconnector" or some other such part come back and bite me.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The tigger pull is not that bad. This was designed as an up close and personal deffensive tool so it doesnt need the same finess as a race gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I really don't like my LCP at all. That said, I shoot it fine for it's intended role. I only carry it when I can't really carry a gun. Normally I use a J-frame or G26 or G19. but sometimes even deeper concealment is required and the LCP plays it's role. It's a crappy little gun in a crappy little caliber. But the gun you have with you is the best gun or something or other like that. So I carry the LCP occasionally in a belly-band, I know of no improvements on it and wouldn't invest a dime in it anyway.

-JC
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]
The trigger is fine, I have about 500 rounds through my LCP and it has smoothed out greatly.  I would not mess with the trigger just because it works as intended.  However I did put a 12lb recoil spring and a houge grip on it.  I can achieve minute of intruder acuracy at 15m no problem.  Outside of 15 m i would be going for a bigger gun or closing the distance.  It is a great gun to through in my pocket for a quick run to the store, or for a discrete suit/tux carry.  If I am wearing a belt though I am going for my Shield.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, the stippling and the NP3 was part of a Robar package called the "Norton Special". I think it was around $290 but I got in a few years ago before a price hike. In my opinion the trigger is long but not all that bad, however, the lack of usable sights has me shopping for a new back up gun.

There's a couple of gunsmiths that will put real sights on them for you including Innovative Arms (link to pictures).

The trigger smooths out some with more rounds, but it's still long.  For what it is it doesn't bother me, and like a J frame, it definitely takes practice to shoot it well though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top