Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 12:59:43 PM EDT
Other than FOBUS, does anyone have a source for Kydex type holsters for the Hi-Power?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing wrong with Fobus.  The Israelis carried their Hi Power clones in Fobus.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I really hate my Fobus.  My Hipower fits sloppy in it and is too flimsy when drawing quickly.  1911 and Hipower are not the same pistol.  Many holsters say they will work interchangably but, in my experience, do not do it well.  I bought a high quality leather holster after being assured that the Hipower willl fit in the 1911 just fine.  It slops all around in it.   I sold it to a friend with a 1911 at a loss.

Thanks for the links.  Looks like the "Brown" link above is the only make specifying for the Hipower.  I guess the rest rely on the 1911 fitting the Hipower too.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Other than FOBUS, does anyone have a source for Kydex type holsters for the Hi-Power?

Thanks.

Do NOT go cheap.  You will regret it.  Stick with the quality companies like Blade Tech/SafriLand/Predator/etc.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I really hate my Fobus.  My Hipower fits sloppy in it and is too flimsy when drawing quickly.  1911 and Hipower are not the same pistol.  Many holsters say they will work interchangably but, in my experience, do not do it well. I bought a high quality leather holster after being assured that the Hipower willl fit in the 1911 just fine.  It slops all around in it.   I sold it to a friend with a 1911 at a loss.

Yeah, jackasses at the gun stores keep telling me the same shit.  Fortunately, like you, I learned that valuable lesson a long time ago.  Galco makes a nice FLETCH rig for the High Power.  I am using one with my 1911 and will be getting one for my HP as soon as it comes back from the gussying up trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top