Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 12:44:02 PM EDT
Okay, I am convinced. Seems this book  by Kuhnhausen is the bible for the 1911, care and feeding of (seen many references here to it). So does anyone suggest a good and reasonably priced source for this book?
Thanks in advance,

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine at Midway for $27.95 + shipping. If you are serious about 1911s this is a must have.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently Midway has great prices.  I support Brownells because they are avid supporters of the NRA and LE/Military with their trade discounts.  Not that Midway is not as good, but I just like to throw out Brownells when I get a chance since I appreciate their service.  It's the same price either way, unless you qualify for the aformentioned discount.  

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13805&title=Jerry+Kuhnhausen+SHOP+MANUALS
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I checked Amazon.com, they had the book listed at $29.95, a bit higher, but their shipping was somwthing like $3.25.

Tried Midway earlier, but was having trouble with their site. Never was able to discover their shipping costs (added to cart, tried to get to checkout, but kept getting error messages).

So, I went to Brownells tonight. Same price as Midway, but minimum shipping of $8.50 (one price shipping, a great idea, but high for one item). So, I added another Wilson Bullet Proof extractor for the full size SA Loaded coming in sometime in the next two weeks and the shipping now seems right in line! (Wilson charged 8 or 9 dollars for shipping for one of these for my Micro Compact a week ago, but also shipped it really fast even though it was right beforre Christmas). Problem solved

T Bone (Detroit).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top