Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 6:35:51 PM EDT
I am one that when I do something I want to do it right especially with my guns. I am gonna send my Classic Stainless Series I back to Kimber to get the front strap checkered with 30 LPI. Recently though, I was think I would give the gun some more flair and refinish it so it looks like an Eclipse. For an extra $100 they will do the Eclipse finish in Kimpro. Is it worth doing it? How fast would the regular finish wear? Kimpro sounds pretty tough.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't  think its worth it.  I have a Warrior that has never been in a holster and the finish already looks like it is a carry gun.  If you have a stainless pistol contact Rich @ CGW as he has a good black finish for stainless guns.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't  think its worth it.  I have a Warrior that has never been in a holster and the finish already looks like it is a carry gun.  If you have a stainless pistol contact Rich @ CGW as he has a good black finish for stainless guns.

I have the opposite experience.  I carry my Warrior all of the time in a leather holster.  NO wear at all.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#4]
KimPro is the suck as far as I'm concerned.

I'ts flaking off my new Warrior that hasn't even been shot. I was going to send it back, Kimber would take care of it, but I'm just going to park it myself.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen a "baked on finish" of any type last very long. They chip, peel, and wear off eventually. I have a Wilson Combat CQB that the finish is starting to wear off, and it has never been in a holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top