Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 4:37:27 PM EDT
New Member and new poster to this 1911 forum, lurked for about 6 months and ante'd up a few weeks ago..

I picked up 2 new kimbers 2 weeks ago, first time i have been able to get to the range was yesterday....

kimber RULES

New Tactical Ultra II
fired flawlessly with supplied mag and fed, stopped and dropped both wilson and chip mccormick shooting stars with NO problems....

new to me, Classic Custom Royal with pimped out custom scrimshaw grips
not only a beautiful finish but function and reliability was flawless.
again using wilson and Mccormick mags, not a single fail to fire.

new to me, Custom Eclipse II 3rd time to fire this puppy works Great but HATES wolf and another import ammo, somthing in a blue and pink? box, i tried at the range.
runs winchester white box with out a hitch...ditto with federal and hydra shock ammo, she just hates cheap i guess, must be because of the stag grips i put on...
will do pix this week and post next...
had to RAVE over the new kimbers after reading so many whining threads on this and 2 other sites about kimbers...i was standoffish in buying one,,now i own 3 and they are head and shoulders out of the box over any colt or springfield i ever owned (over 3 dozen)

lastly, My old Custom worked Colt gold cup, series 70 with scrim shaw grips, added new springs and pin kit last week and she worked like a champ as usual. at 30ft i can still fire one and chase the hole ..after nearly 30 years..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you have a nice family!  

Post those pics!

Isn't it a great feeling having something you know you can depend on?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the KIMBER RULEShug.gif I have owned two of them, Just recently parted with my stainless gold match to buy a new AR (RRA also rules), but still have my Tactical Pro II, which is probably my favorite handgun of all time. I also used to own a colt gold cup series 80 (sold it to buy the Kimber Gold Match He! He! He!). Like you I am getting tired of the whiny threads!  Rock ON!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top