Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 6:56:05 PM EDT
I guess it's just a fact of life. Must things today aren't totaly made in America. As for Kimber, how much is made over seas? A local dealer was telling me tonight that some of what goes into making a Kimber is made overseas. Can anyone give me some anwsers? I want my next handgun to be made in USA.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that the frame and slide are made in the US and everything is assmebled and finished here. I have never heard of Kimbers being made elsewhere, although perhaps some of the small parts are.

If you want one, buy it and buy Ed Brown or Wilson US made parts (which you should do anyway) ad swap them in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I guess it's just a fact of life. Must things today aren't totaly made in America. As for Kimber, how much is made over seas? A local dealer was telling me tonight that some of what goes into making a Kimber is made overseas. Can anyone give me some anwsers? I want my next handgun to be made in USA.

Where are you in NY? They are located in Yonkers. Call and ask for a Factory tour.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I live southwest of Buffalo. Yonkers is on the other side of the state.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know that the frame and slide are made in the US and everything is assmebled and finished here. I have never heard of Kimbers being made elsewhere, although perhaps some of the small parts are.

If you want one, buy it and buy Ed Brown or Wilson US made parts (which you should do anyway) ad swap them in.

I'm looking to do this...
I was thinking of the McCormick line as well...U.S. made?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top