Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:13:46 PM EDT

This is a disappointment. I took my new Warrior to the range this morning, and lo and behold, the .22lr slide won't fit the frame. The frame rails are too thick for the slide. I didn't try too hard to force it on, because it was obvious it wouldn't slide on more than a 1/2 inch.

Is the Warrior frame specifically machined to different tolerances? My .22lr slide fits perfectly on my Remington Rand 1911A1, so this is a real downer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 3:00:48 PM EDT by fxntime]
I'd send it back or get a refund. Only other thing to do is either mill or cut the warriors rails a bit or the .22s slide cuts. Or see if you can trade that one for one that possibly fits. A super tight fit slide to frame can make it difficult to change the slide. Unfortunately you have one + and one - which equals no go. I doubt you want to take any metal off either and I would try to swap the upper way before I would do that myself. Good luck. OR just shoot it on your RR as it works OK.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:27:28 PM EDT
My Kimber .22 kit will fit fine on my TLE, but not on my ProCarry. I'm sure this says something about Kimber, I'm just not sure what that is.

I love my TLE & ProCarry. The .22 kit, however, took about three months to arrive after I paid for it. The magazine floor plates were not compatible with magwells. It was a jam-o-matic for quite some time before I got the kinks worked out. I love my Kimbers, but I should have kept my .22 business to Ciener or Marvel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:41:10 PM EDT
maybe the kimpro finish is just a little too thick for the conversion slide to fit???

Get your money back (refund)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:14:14 PM EDT
Kimber says most mil spec you would think at least their s would work

I have a custom II and a kimber kit, works great

"refund!!!!!!!!!!"..................... these kits are not cheap!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:03:46 AM EDT
My Kimber conversion kit fit fine on my Warrior and on a Series 80 Gold Cup. Either your conversion kit or your frame rails are out of spec. Most likely the conversion kit - send it back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:08:59 AM EDT

Email sent to Kimber, awaiting reply now.

Top Top