Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 2:05:06 PM EDT
I just came from the range. I was trying out my used (200-300 rounds through it) Kimber Ultra Ten II CDP. The last round (number 10) consistently does not load properly causing the weapon to jam. The round seats improperly, at a roughly a 45 degree angle, slide out of battery.  

Furthermore, every so often a random numbered round misfeeds and then requires the mag to be dumped and the slide actuated to clear. I was able to maybe fire 1 or 2 mags without issue out of 200 rounds. The ammo is .45 Rem UMC 230 Gr (MC L45AP4)

Is it possible that the mag is a turd? Ammo? My Kimber Custom II has yet to jam, so I'm guessing it's the mag.

Anyone have this same issue? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Hep
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I figured it was a weak spring. Maybe it was left loaded too long by the prior owner. Mid way through the day, I popped the spring out and gave it a slight stretch. Didn't really help.

Hey, thanks SGB

Hep
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
MY KIMBER IS A REAL FUNNY 1911 IT WON'T FEED HARD BALL FOR NOTHING BUT FEEDS HOLLOW POINTS ALL DAY i'M USING WILSON MAGS AND STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT, IS THE AMMO YOU ARE USEING HARDBALL?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
MY KIMBER IS A REAL FUNNY 1911 IT WON'T FEED HARD BALL FOR NOTHING BUT FEEDS HOLLOW POINTS ALL DAY i'M USING WILSON MAGS AND STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT, IS THE AMMO YOU ARE USEING HARDBALL?

Yes sir, it is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess the demand isn't large enough for Wilson or some other company to make after market mags...?

Too bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top